Meetup Opportunities - USA

Please use this topic to arrange meetups in the USA - we will create topics by state or city as this category evolves.

You’ll gradually see more topic headings over the coming week for different locations - we are trying not to flood the forum with too many meetup topics all in one go :slight_smile:

Check the guidelines here:

About Member Meetups and How to arrange a get-together

Please use the following template:
1st line - Location and State
2nd line - Specific dates or a date range

We are so looking forward to seeing our members enjoying time together and sharing their love of pets and travel!

2 Likes

Location - Orlando, Florida
In Orlando for 2 months. I am willing to drive if I can meet sitters.

2 Likes

Location - St Petersburg, Florida
Dates - 25 Feb to 5 Mar 2022

@Grandma , I am planning to be in St. Petersburg from 2/25 to 3/5 unless their cruise cancels. I’d love to meet! According to Google, we’re 1 hr 38 min drive from each other. Maybe we could meet halfway. I am very Covid conscious, so would prefer to meet at an outdoor venue. Will anyone else be in the area?

1 Like

Location - Wilmington, North Carolina
My husband and I have a couple sits in Wilmington, North Carolina until the end of February. Anyone else in the area?

Dates: Feb 21st - Feb 26th

Our THS Team - Mathew CEO, Jo CMO, Angela Community Manager will be in San Diego and would love to take the opportunity to meet as many members as we can, if you would like to meet us please Direct Message me (Angela)

Saturday 26th we have a big Event at the Little Italy Dog Park from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm everyone is welcome, lets make it a BIG Meet Up PAWTY

https://www.littleitalysd.com/explore/little-italy-dog-park

4 Likes

Dates: Feb 13th to End of March

Hi Everyone!

I’m sitting in western North Carolina until the end of March. I’d love to meetup with other sitters in the area.

1 Like

Would love a meetup in NYC if anyone is nearby.

1 Like

Hi @exploringmeerkats and great to hear you’ll be around for meetups in New York City. Could you just amend your post to add some dates. Many thanks

1 Like

We will be in the US as follows:

Mar 6-13
Lancaster, PA

Mar 16-21
Baltic, CT

March 24-28
Boston, MA

April 1-10
Washington, DC

2 Likes

Anyone sitting in Atlanta or vicinity March 28-April 13 . I have a car , I can drive somewhere like 1hour far.

DATES: now to April 1.

I’d love to meet any other sitters here.

DATES: Now through April 28th

I had a very nasty fall one week into my stay in the States which put me off my feet I’m now getting more mobile and would love to meet up with other members, sitters and owners.

I’ve had a number of lovely members come to visit me, even taking me to the store THANK YOU Karen, Karen, Kirstin, Jennie, Sarah & Annie … would love to meet as many as possible while I’m here.

Please Direct Message me … Thank you!!

I will be sitting MR B from April 13th in Rancho Santa Fe … I need to be fully mended by then :wink:

3 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery @Angela_L. Mr B will keep you on your toes in April!

2 Likes

I must also add that I have been taken great care of by @Maryse and Jeff, THS amazing sitter members who have been incredibly kind … I was originally “sitting” their Escondido home but the fall rendered me somewhat incapacitated and then they had a sit cancel, came home and have been incredible kind and generous over the past 3 weeks having this semi invalid in their home.

7 Likes

Hi Joanne,
I’m a homeowner and a housesitter and I notice you’ll be in DC in early April. I think you may have saved my homeowner listing. I’ll be home April 3-9 if you’d like to get together during that time. We leave on the 10th for our first international sit, in San Miguel de Allende (we’re very excited!). We live in the southern part of Alexandria, very near Mount Vernon, George Wahington’s home. We’d be happy to take you to his home and museum for a visit. Just let me know if you’re interested.
Best,
Judy

2 Likes

@sledgejoyce thank you so much for reaching out. What a very kind offer to meet and show us your area. I’ll be in touch via PM.

Joanne

1 Like

Hi @exploringmeerkats. Are you still in NYC? I’m in the area until mid-May and would love to chat over coffee or food if you’re still in the area. Please DM me if so. Thanks!

I’d love to meet up with other travelers who love pets (sitters or owners). Here’s where I’ll be:

• NYC
    until mid-May

• Irvine, CA
    May 18-June5

• Poway, CA
    June 9-24

• Mill Valley, CA
    July 5-13

• Montreal, Canada (yay! finally going international again!)
    August

• San Diego, CA
    first half of Sept

2 Likes

Hello,

We are in Indiana (near Bloomington) until the 27th of April.

May 6-Sept 30 we will be on Whidbey Island, WA.

We would welcome a meet up within a 1 hour driving distance.

MJ and Chris

2 Likes

Location: Colorado - Eaton, between Greeley and Ft Collins (ne of Denver)
Dates: 1-23 June
I’m sitting a poodle (at least that is what Wilson looks like) for 3 weeks beginning 1 June. I do have use of a car and would be pleased for a meetup with other sitters (or homeowners) in the general area to talk about our experiences. I’ve done about 50 sits including international.
tom