Messaging a Home Owner without Applying for a Specified Sit

I would like some feedback as to how receptive a Home Owner might be in receiving a message, without the Sitter actually applying for the specified dates.
There is currently a Sit that I might potentially be interested in applying for, should other dates become available.
I have accepted & confirmed a Sit in the same area, which I am very happy to do, as it a re-visit with one of my favourite pooches.
The dates of both Sits overlap. So I wondered if it is appropriate to message the other Home Owners to suggest a meet up with their pet whilst I am in the area?
And, is it technically possible for me to message the HO without actually applying for the Sit?

1 Like

You can’t message a homeowner without applying for a listed sit, but if you “favourite” the listing you will be notified next time they activate dates.

3 Likes

Yes it is and, as @Pawtastic states, you have to apply for the sit then decline it once you’ve had a response from the owner. I’ve done it a few times when there hasn’t been enough information/photos for me to decide whether to apply or something is unclear. I’ve started off by saying “I’m potentially interesting in applying to sit for you but, before I officially apply can you answer these questions….”.

1 Like

This has been discussed at length here: Contacting HO to express interest even if you cannot make the posted dates? - #29 by Samox24.

To find discussions about a topic, you can use the magnifying glass in the bar at the top of the page.

2 Likes

Thank you for asking this question @dma .

I was worried that it would be stressful/disappointing for the HO to get an application response only to discover we aren’t really in the running.

Linda

This is helpful. Thank you. @Smiley.