Messaging Templates for Sitters and Hosts

This one seems like a no brainer for me. Messaging templates would be a massive win for both parties of the sites. Some examples of messages that are sent every day over the TH platform that could be templated by each user:

• Application message from sitter
  • HO response to applications communicating timelines and process of evaluation
  • Sending info to engage over zoom/FT for interviews
2 Likes

This might be of use for new sitters and hosts but it would be just as easy to write an application and then personalise it, as most of us do. There are plenty of examples of good home owner profiles and articles how best to apply for a housesit.

I would LOVE the ability to save frequently sent messages! I have this capability in my Etsy sellers app - they call them ā€œsnippetsā€. I always start an application with the same base message and personalize it for the area, pets, sit parameters, etc. I have also been getting a lot of invitations to sit for dates we are already booked and copy/paste my standard reply.

1 Like

I have all my applications saved in a Word document. I then customize a new one for each new application. I would not use an application template as I want my applications to stand out by highlighting the fact that Iā€™ve read the HOā€™s listing, past Reviews and Feedback, and insert my personalization into the application.

2 Likes

I would find that a tad lazy. If they arenā€™t putting the effort into an application or invite what effort will they put into the actual sit?
I like my custom applications too much to use a template. Everything i# tailored to that particular sit

2 Likes

To those who say they use another tool for this or label it at ā€˜lazyā€™ are missing the point. You do not need to use this feature if you donā€™t want to, nor accept someone who you believe is sending a templated message. The point is, for many this would be valuable and save a ton of time. As someone who uses this app full time to find places to live (I donā€™t rent or own a home, i sit full time), this would really make my life much easier, and Iā€™m sure others would agree!

1 Like

I donā€™t agree. I wouldnā€™t use this. I have my own suite of templates. There are many other things that need fixing with the THS platform before this, like the review system.