"My Dearest Peter ..." - A Love Letter

Celebrating Pet Love For Valentine’s Month :cupid:

“A love letter to my dog” :dog: :two_hearts:….
Shared with our community by a member in San Diego, California

“My Dearest Peter— I’d like to get this out of the way first: I’m unwilling to make the assumption that dogs cannot read. I’ve observed you closely since adopting you six years ago, and what I’ve learned over and over again is that underestimating your cognitive and physical abilities will only leave me looking foolish when you, for example, train me to give you a treat every time you come in from a walk just by sitting patiently near the treats, as if a treat were always part of the deal; or when you jump over a couch four times your size, which it must be pointed out was again for food-related reasons. But you do strike me as wise enough to be the type of dog who avoids spending much time on the internet. Rest assured that I will print out this letter and place it next to your breakfast, to make sure you see it”

*cont: >>> A Love Letter to My Dog | Cup of Jo

Image Credit: A Love Letter to My Dog | Cup of Jo

6 Likes

Omg just lovely , having lost our dog recently it made me cry buckets , but also remember the lovely times we had together

4 Likes

What a special letter. :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

3 Likes

So beautiful the way Kelly expressed her love for Peter! Thanks for sharing this Angela. This was one of the first things I read this morning, and you and Kelly made my day.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Angela_L … this is just so lovely :paw_prints::heart:

1 Like

@Angela_L how beautiful and brings back such great memories we will hold onto forever!

2 Likes