My sitter didn't show up at the airport!

Last night we reconfirmed with our sitter via text. My husband went to pick her up at the airport and she wasn’t on the flight! She is not responding to text or TrustedHousesitter email!

1 Like

Try to call her on the phone.

Anything could have happened (dead battery etc). In case Immigration stopped her for secondary questioning, they may have taken the phone.

1 Like

Perhaps she’s on a later flight, or detained for secondary questioning. How did she sound yesterday? All ready for today? Then something unexpected might well have happened, just give it a few hours. Sorry, this must be quite hectic for you.

1 Like

Very odd for a sitter to confirm but not show up. As others have said it suggests something has happen on route. Keep trying to contact them. Reach out to support@trustedhousesitters.com if needed.
I do hope everything works out.

2 Likes

She was flying domestically. She won’t answer the phone and her voicemail box is full. Still nothing from her this morning.

2 Likes

Why oh why would someone confirm the day before and then not show up, and not communicate?

I worry that the Sitter has been in a horrible accident or otherwise wound up in the intensive care unit of a hospital.

5 Likes

How worrying for you @melindabaum have you contacted member services as @richten1 suggested?

They have alternate e-Mail addresses & telephone numbers for the sitter . Sitters can also register an emergency contact with THS for such a situation . So member services can reach out to both the sitter and their emergency contact .

You can call the 24/7 THS Urgent Support Line which is shown on your dashboard .

Hello @melindabaum

Thank you for the update and I am sorry to hear that you have still not been able to contact your sitter. I can see that you have already received some kind and helpful support from other Forum members which is great to see.

Just to let you know this thread has been passed on to the Membership Services team who will be in touch with you so please keep a look out for their email. You can also chat with them by clicking this link.

I hope that you manage to get this resolved very soon and please feel free to keep us updated here.

2 Likes

How awful for you. So sorry.

They are trying to reach her.

2 Likes

I worry also.

2 Likes

How did this end in the end?

2 Likes

I’m worried about the sitter. Hope everything is fine

1 Like

Hello @eddy90 great first post! Lots of us are of your mind!

There is no ending yet. Hoping that she is ok.

4 Likes

That is crazy! WHT? DO you have a backup?

I am so grateful for my friends and family who are all working it out for our pups.

13 Likes

@melindabaum did you ever hear from the sitter ?

2 Likes

Sadly, no. I have no idea what happened.

@melindabaum, if you never cancelled the sit, review the sitter with a single star and a simple “Sitter was a noshow when I went to the airport to pick her up.”

2 Likes