My sitter has cancelled with only 2 weeks notice

My sitter has cancelled with only 2 weeks notice and I am struggling to find another sitter due to availability. What can I do?

2 Likes

I’m sorry this has happened to you. So frustrating.
Can you leave your car for sitters as that might attract somebody? This appears to be the only limiting factor for your listing…. as it’s a gorgeous house/dogs/location. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Are you a premium member @SUSANHILL ?

If so if you don’t find a THS sitter you maybe able to claim for the cost of alternative pet care through the sit cancellation plan

Be sure to read all the T&Cs for an eligible claim .

1 Like

Hi Bonnie,
Thank you for your message and help. I’ll message you via your profile.
Best wishes
Susan

So sorry to hear this has happened to you. I think you’re able to post here in the forum too as it’s a last minute thing.

As others have said - I think offering a vehicle would be helpful as, even if people have their own car, they may be reluctant to put 2 quite large, possibly muddy dogs, in it, or it might just not be big enough (they certainly wouldn’t fit in my trunk area).

Also, an indication of how long they can be left, plus whether they (one or both) can be walked off lead, as solo sitters might find lead walking 2 large dogs quite a handful, unless they’re very good on the lead.

Hope you find someone lovely - your home and dogs look beautiful.

3 Likes

@SUSANHILL, Your listing indicates that the location is “Not accessible by public transport.” However, you also mention that it’s “really easy to get to Oxford, the Cotswolds, and the train into central London takes 30 minutes.” This might create confusion for sitters. Sits that are “Not accessible by public transport” are undoubtedly more challenging to fill.

2 Likes

There is a Last Minute Sits section but it’s for start dates that are a week or less away.

1 Like

Thank you for the information

1 Like

Hi BJane thank you for your response. I will take your comments on board.
Best regards Susan

Thank you for your response. Where I live is really easy to get to all these places but I also mention that you will need a car. However, I will review my wording and if necessary will make it clearer that the locations are easy to get to so long as you have a car which applies to most rural house sits.

2 Likes

If you are still without a sitter closer to your trip you could consider using a paid sitter, there’s quite a few websites out there for that.

Well done it looks like you’ve now got 2 applicants I hope it works out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The advice provided by the forum members was useful to you I think, and you acted on it :+1: best wishes

2 Likes

Than you Bonnie. I have one applicant the other one can’t make it now…

1 Like

Unfortunately i am out of the country, or I would have been happy to have done this sit. I know the area and it is a lovely place to explore. I am approx. a two hour drive away when at home that is… Hope you manage to find somebody.

1 Like