My sitter just cancelled

My sitter for August 15-Oct 3 just cancelled due to having had an accident. I fully understand, but she seemed so perfect and I was excited that all was organised so early. It’s just over a month to my departure. I’ve cancelled her sit and am hoping my dates will go live again immediately. Is this the case? Any tips on how to make my sit look more attractive to people would also be welcome. Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi @Woolly - sorry this has happened to you but there is still time to secure a new sitter. I just checked and your listing is already live again.
My advice is to remove the ‘sitters need a car’ tag. As sitters ourselves without a car, we skim past all listings with this yet on reading yours you have explained really well that whilst a car is preferable , it is not a necessity.
Good Luck!

2 Likes

Hi @Woolly I’m so sorry to hear about your sitter’s accident and that she is having to cancel your confirmed arrangement I’m going to tag @Lucy-B who will help you with your question on how it works when this happens.

Our members are incredibly helpful and will have some tips and suggestions, @Colin thank you for being your usual helpful self.

1 Like

Hi @Woolly
What a shame about your sitter but nice that you understand and no doubt the sitter is upset about having to cancel.
I’ve had a look at your ad and it looks great, the pictures are super. Your home looks very inviting and your cats adorable. I only wish I could fly out there to help you out but am booked up.
I hope that you do get a replacement sitter.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi @Woolly I am so sorry to hear your sitter unfortunately had to cancel and hope that they are okay. I am sure they appreciate your kind understanding.

To answer your question and for any other owners who may benefit from this piece of knowledge, as soon as you unconfirm a sitter, your dates will then be live again on the site for other sitters to see and apply to.

I second @Smiley in saying your listing looks great and hope you hear from some lovely sitters soon enough.

All the best
Lucy

3 Likes

Thanks so much Angela.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip regarding the car, Colin. I had thought perhaps I could leave my car for a sitter if they would come a day early and drive me to the airport. That could work. It’s quite a long sit and there’s lots to see and do in the area that you would really need a car for.

3 Likes

Thank you Smiley. It’s good to know that the listing looks fine. As a newbie here I wasn’t sure. I appreciate your positive reply.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear that the sitter had an accident. Hope she is okay.

I can see your dates have gone live. Hopefully someone can help. I too, live in Victoria, wish I could help!

The idea of offering your car might be advantageous, especially if they give you a lift to the airport. It definitely is an area you would need a car for.

Hope all goes well x

1 Like

Thanks Lucy. I was hoping that was the case. I’m still finding my way around the app and forum.

1 Like

Thanks HappySunflower. :relaxed:

1 Like