Finding a sitter at short notice

Our sitter has had to cancel at short notice - we are going away in 4 weeks - does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to find someone. I have reactivated the listing and contacted someone who showed interest when I originally posted the dates.
Feeling rather anxious about the situation.
Thank you all in advance.
Sarah

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 13.50.52

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 13.51.04

1 Like

Hello @SarahGregory and I am very sorry to hear that your sitter has needed to cancel. Youā€™ve done the right thing in reactivating the listing and to reach out to sitters who originally showed interest. I have just had a quick look at your listing and it shows ā€œno sitter currently requiredā€ - can I just check whether you have now found a super quick replacement, or whether you still need some help?

Very much hoping itā€™s the first :slight_smile: Will wait to hear back ā€¦ all the best, Vanessa and the team

Hiya, I am in the same position too. I had two sitters respond but when I contacted them neither replied. I am now reaching out to previous sitters and those who have previously expressed an interest, but nothing so far. I thought I had reactivated my sitting but Iā€™m not totally sure how to do that. Any suggestions??

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 13.58.41

Hello @QueenieBee and a warm welcome to our community. Iā€™m tagging @Therese as she will be able to help you with reactivating your listing. Hope you find someone very soon. All the best, Vanessa

2 Likes

@QueenieBee i will email you from membership services as I will boost your listing for you and to keep in touch.
However, before I do this, please could you put up some lovely inside photos as soon as possible. Sitters love to see the kitchen, dining, living areas as well as the bedroom areas.

You can also share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

3 Likes

HelloTherese,
Thank you so much for your email. Really helpful and Iā€™ll do the pictures now. Iā€™ve been in a meeting all afternoon!
Bee

1 Like

@SarahGregory , you should add your listing to your Forum Profile to get more exposure. You may also get some feedback from the forum members to help you attract more applicants. To do that, Click here .

Thank you Teresa.
Lovely clear instructions which I have followed.
Fingers are firmly crossed.
Thank you again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problem. Second sitter for May11-23 just had to withdraw because of change in work status from remote to in person. A little nervous here. I THINK I reactivated mine, too, but sometimes hard to tell from this end.

Hello, Iā€™ve been let down by my sitter at very short notice. As Iā€™ve been anxiously browsing listings to find a replacement, I was thinking how useful it would be if sitters who could be available at short notice were able to flag this on their profile, so those of us looking for someone soon could find them more easily. Iā€™ve noticed a few last minute calls for help so Iā€™m clearly not the only person in this situation!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: First ever sitter cancelled at short notice

Hi @MunchkinMom and welcome to the forum. If you provide more information about your listing, weā€™ll be able to view it for you and let you know if itā€™s displaying properly.

You may want to embed your listing in your forum username, so that forum members can view your listing. Iā€™ll add the instructions here:

How to add a listing to your forum username

If youā€™d rather not do that for some reason, if you provide your location (city/country) as shown on your listing, forum members will be able to view your listing.

1 Like

Thanks for that! Iā€™ve added a link to my profile too, but I wanted to highlight that it might be useful to have an ā€˜available at short noticeā€™ flag or forum thread so HOs can find more easi sitters who can help them. :relaxed:

1 Like

@Philippa22 the forum team from THS read the posts and so your suggestion will be noted and taken into consideration by them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know :+1:

1 Like