Sitters cancelled and now no new applicants

Hello, our sitters had to cancel just under a month before the date and we now seem to receive no new applications after unpausing our sit. We initially received 5.

Is this because the listing looks old and is not trusted anymore? Or is 1 month’s notice for a 2-week sit too short?

It’s really important that we find someone as we need to go away for our wedding - any tips are very welcome! Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Katie123 , sorry to hear of the cancellation. Two things: Add your listing to your forum profile. It will get you more exposure and you will get suggestions from members on how to tweak it.
How to add your listing or profile to your forum profile

Two, if you make any edits to your listing, it will be moved to the top of the search results and may get more visibility that way, at least until new listings supercede it.

3 Likes

Hello, @Katie123 Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :smiling_face:
I just want to second what @mars mentioned and say if you need me to add your THS listing to your forum profile for you then just let me know.

2 Likes

Hello, we’re in a similar situation to @Katie123 as our sitter has cancelled (for completely understandable and unforseen family needs). We have a two week trip in less than 4 weeks, and have had no applicants since relisting.

This tips on this forum have been great to follow, linking profiles from the forum and THS, editing profile information, etc.

Any other tips on how to improve our chances of attracting a sitter would be gratefully received.

3 Likes

Thank you both @Carla and @mars - I have now added: it’s indeed not obvious at first how to do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @CloudbustingDad - your sit sounds and looks super sweet. The only blocker I can see is the need for sitters to have a car. It comes up a lot on the forum as it’s so expensive to hire now and will rule out a lot of international sitters. Is there any chance they can manage without and if not, could you lend them a car of yours instead? That could be the trick to finding someone fab. Best of luck :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi @Cuttlefish thanks for your reply and suggestion to improve my listing.

I will turn off that requirement on my listing, as there are buses past the door and a railway station 2 miles away.

1 Like

Can anyone help me find where the “car required” option is located on a sit listing? I’ve gone through each option on the website and can’t see it, to switch it off/deselect I.

2 Likes

@CloudbustingDad When you are editing your listing, under location at the bottom there is an option ‘can your home be accessed by public transport’

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 16.07.09

Hope that helps and let me if you need anything else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful, thanks so much.

1 Like

Hi @CloudbustingDad - It looks like you now have an applicant - good luck!

1 Like

Hi @Katie123 - it looks like you now have a couple of applications - good luck!

3 Likes

@CloudbustingDad - your cats are gorgeous and I particularly enjoyed the names Tofino and Ucluelet. You really do love Canada :joy:

1 Like

Thank you, yes!

Let’s see how the next few days go…

Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Hi @Katie123 & @CloudbustingDad
If you haven’t already done so it would be a good idea to edit your intro paragraph to explain about the cancelled sitter and your urgency to find a new one. Mark it URGENT! Otherwise it could look like you are adding a very late listing and are perhaps not so organised! I hope you both find great sitters and Congrats on your wedding @Katie123 !

3 Likes

Good idea, thank you!

Hi @Lokstar thanks so much for the suggestion.

I may know someone who could help you. Please DM me for the details.

Good luck

Post moderated to stay within forum guidelines.

1 Like

Thank you Nigel!