Naming Your Emergency Contact

Hello. I was just updating some other online accounts when I wondered, had I set up an emergency contact on my TrustedHousesitters sitter profile? I’d like TrustedHousesitters to be able to contact someone if an unfortunate event happened, and I wasn’t able to contact anyone myself.

With a few clicks I was able to verify that I do have emergency contact information on file. Do you? If not but you’d like to, or if you’re not sure and would like to check, here’s how to do it on the main TrustedHousesitters website using a Windows device.

• Use the three stacked lines “hamburger” icon in the top right of the window, and click “Settings”

• Click “Safety Contacts” in the menu on the left side of the window

• Scroll down and enter your emergency contact’s information. Click “Save”.

8 Likes

Hi @Karen_E No, I did not have emergency contact information on file. But thanks to you, I do now.

Thank you! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Karen_E An important message for you to share, so thank you. For some reason I checked mine again last year. Then, when I was organizing a sit shortly after that, I mentioned that to the first-time owners. I assured them that if anything should happen to me, to just contact THS and they would take care of that follow-up. One less thing they’d have to think about. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Karen_E for highlighting this extremely important and helpful bit of information for homeowners.

1 Like

I don’t see settings on the top right window- 3 lines. Is there another way to access it? Thanks

Hi @Italia,
The three lines (“hamburger”) are in between the magnifying glass and your photo. If you click on them you’ll find “settings” on the top across from admin.

Hi @italia It may display differently on different devices. I’m using a MacBook Air. Here are the images I see.

Along the top, I click on the dropdown arrow to the right of my name, then click on Settings

Then I click on Safety Contacts

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.49.55 PM

There are two sections - your phone number, and below that your emergency contact. Make sure you click Save after you’ve added each piece of information. It’s also a good idea to make your contact person aware that they’ve been added. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks you so much. I found it.

May I suggest to the moderator that this contact is front and centre and included as we sign up. It is a safety issue especially for solo sitters and the information may be hard to find and navigate the system. Thanks again.

Excellent, thank you!

1 Like

Hi sitters. I just had a conversation with a friend who sits on their own (eg, not as part of a couple or with a pet sitting partner), and they were unaware of the ability to add Safety Contact info to their profile.

If you haven’t added your emergency contact information already, please take a few minutes to record their name and contact info. Doing so will enable TrustedHousesitters to notify your loved one as quickly as possible should something terrible happen to you.

This is just a quick note to remind our many new members to fill in their emergency contact information on their TrustedHousesitters profile. This is especially important for those who sit without a partner. That way, if anything should happen to you while you’re on a sit, THS will be able to contact your loved one quickly.

Interestingly, I can’t find where to add/update it in the app.
I go to ‘me’ and ‘settings’ but it doesn’t appear there as per @Snowbird’s instructions. Is it only available on the web browser?

Hi @botvot. Good catch! It’s not in the app, just the website.

Hi everyone. I’m reviving this thread as a quick reminder to make sure you have an emergency contact named in your TrustedHousesitters profile. Hopefully this info will never need to be used. Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes