New message on display but there isn't one

For quite sometime now I have had “1 new message” displayed on my dashboard. There is no new message, I can’t find one. I did try the “chat” help, but the idiot bot didn’t understand my query.

Mine too, I have never been able to find it and as a reminder comes by email for a new message I have given up.

If it the app just uninstall it then reinstall.

My app has been reinstalled frequently due to Android problems and it hasn’t solved it

1 Like

Hi @Wavingfish and @Chrissy
The (1) unread message displayed in your inbox would be from a ‘currently inactive’ member.
If you go to the App … Inbox … scroll down and you can archive all these so they are out of your inbox. One of those will be your unread one. If you are struggling, please email support@trustedhousesitters.com and ask them to help you.

1 Like

If they are “currently inactive” you can’t access the emails relating to those people, they system won’t let you.
I have complained about this feature (not allowing you to access past emails from currently inactive members) before.

Hi @Wavingfish

Yes, this is correct. Unfortunately it is the way the system is set up. All information related to a member’s account is closed when the member becomes ‘inactive’. There is no work around it I am afraid.

However, you can now move the ‘inactive’ member into archive on the App. Then at least the (1) in you inbox disappears.