New trusted housesitter from Ireland

Hello all!
I registered in Trustedhousesitters just today! (Pictures will come out soon).
I am Irish, originally from Italy. I live in co. Dublin, life allows me to move around Ireland and also for long periods of time.
I love animals, and more after starting eating vegetarian (since 2017). I had three dogs when I was living with my family. I volunteered in a kennel a few times. I am used to cats around since when I was a little girl, either my grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins and now my father has one too.
I love taking care of plants, cooking, hiking, walking in nature, meditation, reading, photography… I am a quiet person ready to share some nice chat when people feel like. I take good care of the living place as much as it was mine, I have good references from several landlords.
Looking forward to starting my new experience as a trusted housesitter!

6 Likes

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. I have always dreamed of visiting Ireland! What are a few of your favorite spots in Ireland that aren’t too touristy? I like to visit off the beaten path types of places as well as the major attractions. Since you like to cook have you created an Italian/Irish dish that melds flavors from the two countires?

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,

Kelly & the Forum Team

2 Likes

Hello Kelly Moderator :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am very excited to start this new experience.
Depending on what you mostly like when you go visiting, personally I prefer places in nature and Ireland is full of such beautiful and stunning locations. Killiney, Howth, Glendalough, Causeway coast route, Carrick a Rede… just to name a few.
Yes I love cooking, I mostly cook healthy food. It is a sort of fusion, I combine Italian recipes with local ingredients, and many times no Italian recipes at all as I love food from every Country of this planet.
I don’t give names to dishes, the possibilities in the kitchen are endless. Anyway, if you would like to know about an iconic dish, I could say Baileys tiramisù :blush: where I replaced coffee with the Irish drink above.
I followed the instructions and I believe that I have created a forum profile. Could I please ask to verify and let me know if there is anything missing?
Thank you.

5 Likes

Hi @Mokina,

Thank you for the recommendations I have added them to my travel list to save for when I am ready to plan our Ireland trip. I too love food from every country and learning about each cultures cuisine is part of what I look forward to most. Since you first mentioned that Baileys tiramisu I have not been able to stop thinking about it! So i’ll have to try making it myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do see that you have created a Forum profile but you are not yet a member yet of THS. If you have any questions about becoming a member you are in the right place to ask questions. The Forum is a wealth of knowledge for those that are considering membership as well as those who have been members for years. Happy travels,

Kelly

Hello and welcome! I am in Ireland too!

1 Like

Hi @Mokina and I welcome you to the forum as well. I see Kelly has answered some great questions for you and given you direction on what to do to get more exposure, but I too am so interested in hearing more about Ireland as we have tried to visit three times, but COVID has stopped us each time. We have a trip planned next September/October of 2023, and would love to hear from a local about some of the best places to travel. We will be flying into Dublin, and plan to go to Kerry, Killarney and most of the coast. Where do you suggest if planning on staying in one area for at least one week? We hope to be there at least three weeks but just not sure where we should land for that extended amount of time.

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for your welcome.
I am getting back to you just now, I was in between flights. Now I have more time for catching up.
I had a look at your profile, it is lovely. I like the part where you say that you like solo travelling (so do I), but that you need some pet company sometimes for sharing that special experience.

1 Like

Hi Debbie,
September/October 2023, wow! I have never done travelling plans so much in advance!
In three weeks you can have a tour around all Ireland (mostly on the coast).
However, if you decide to stay just in one area, the west in this case, it is also a good idea as you can explore in depth, possibly improvise if you see some unexpected spots on the last minute and relax.
Killarney is a good starting point from where you can go to Dingle peninsula, you can go all around Kerry. I’d suggest you to visit the Skellig islands, it’s an amazing experience. If you want to extend your trip further to the south, Westcork is quite fascinating, Kinsale is quite popular.
All the best on your trip planning.