Newbie from Edinburgh

We are Annika (40) and Elliot, a tabby cat who is almost 12 years old. I work full-time as a Software Developer and his majesty is just doing what he does best … asking for cuddles, food and enjoy his outdoorsy adventures.

We (me, Elliot and my 2nd cat Zoe who sadly passed away 2021) are from Germany (the lovely Black Forest close to France and Switzerland) and moved over to bonnie Scotland, specifically Edinburgh, in 2016. I love the concept of THS and have been an enthusiastic member of the Couchsurfing Community already for 7 years. Staying with locals while traveling is a great way to dive into someone else’s culture and to get to know your destination from a different perspective. I joined THS because staying with locals and their animals, that makes so much sense. I have extensive experience with cats for over 30 years, having grown up with them and then later fostered cats for around 10 years,.

Cats in need mainly came from Romania, UAE and Cyprus. I have experience with shy /difficult cats and I am aware that not every cat is cuddly and affectionate immediately. Some cats just need more time and might not want me to pet them and that’s fine. I took care of rabbits, a parrot even and rats at my home, while owners were traveling, I loved every moment of it.

I am looking forward to have my first sitter at our home at the end of September, when i am traveling to Montreal for 2 weeks. And then I want to upgrade my membership to become a house sitter myself :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi @Annika a very warm welcome to you and Elliott, thank you for joining us from Edinburgh and it was such a pleasure to meet you today, in the city you call home.

As a newbie to the Forum and TrustedHousesitters you’ll find lots of great help and advice by searching the wide and varied member conversations and if you need the answer to any particular question you’re in the right place, simply ask and you shall receive :wink:

What a great start you’ve had, Elliot’s sitter confirmed for your two week trip to Montreal in September! We look forward to sharing in your TrustedHousesitters journey.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Lots of experienced sittings here. I like coming here to hear all the great suggestions

2 Likes