Newbie New Mexico Mary

Hello, fellow housesitters!

I just joined Trusted Housesitters and look forward to learning more about the community here and learning my way around the site as well as learning from you.

A little about me–I live in the “Land of Enchantment” that is New Mexico. My home rental is in what is known by locals as “The City Different”, Santa Fe.

My profile is more specific, so suffice it to say here, I love life, and my life is about being of service. I’m already an experienced housesitter and am preparing to do this full-time. I’m open to your suggestions and look forward to connecting!

Warm regards to you,

Mary

9 Likes

Hi @NewMexicoMary welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, thank you for bringing warm greetings from the “Land of Enchantment” and for your lovely introduction, we look forward to learning more about you and sharing in your new full time, pet sitting journey.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with our members from around the world.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Welcome, and I agree with Angela that you wrote a lovely introduction. I’ve travelled through New Mexico on my way to house sits and just love the landscape. I remember enjoying a great Mexican restaurant in Albuquerque, as well as exploring Santa Fe.

Living a life of service, such as volunteering, has great rewards. I hope you experience wonderful sits through THS. Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, Snowbird. I appreciate the welcome. I
m glad you got a taste of New Mexico. Where is your home base and how often do you manage to housesit?

I am intent on staying put where I rent a home here in Santa Fe. If the lease does not get renewed on November 1, then I’ll be storing my things in storage, traveling, housesitting, and camping in my VW bus where it’s not too cold, the latter being a first!

As I wrote to Angela, I’ll try not to feel discouraged or deflated after reading in the forum that the majority of folks here are house sitters, many of who are not receiving replies from homeowners. Here’s to manifesting lovely housesits at just the right times! How is your housesit world going?

Best to you, Snowbird.

Mary

1 Like

Hi Mary,

My home is in Niagara Falls, Canada. Last month, out of choice, I did my first sit since the pandemic. For now, being within a 2-hour driving distance from my home is part of my criteria. I’m a 5-minute drive from the US border, but Canadian’s currently can only cross by air, not land.

I don’t think you should assume that many house sitters are not receiving replies. I have been with THS for seven years and, without exception, have always received a reply, and often quickly, and often kept updated when homeowners are not deciding quickly for whatever reason. In my experience, the majority of homeowners are excellent.

When you read through various tips here, for a new sitter aim for sits close to home, especially where you can offer to travel to them for an in-person chat as this is often a bonus for homeowners. Also, remember to personalize your applications. I study not only the listing but also the reviews of previous sitters, AND the reviews of the homeowner about those sitters. I do this before applying, so that I can see what has been important to the homeowner, or perhaps I should say pet owner, as that’s likely their priority.

If you have any questions for me, you can direct message me. Just click on my ‘snowbird’ and you’ll see ‘message’. That way conversations are kept private. Of course this works with anyone who is on this forum.

Happy travels, wherever they may take you. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the great share! You are indeed a giving person.

I realize all my selfies are solo and that i need to post some of my many pics with animals!

1 Like

Lots of sitters here @NewMexicoMary
Be flexible and you will be traveling in that VW full time soon.
Make your profile appealing
Be open and honest in your communication and what you can do.