No sitters yet šŸ˜¢

Hi there, any thoughts on why we have had no luck so far with suitable offers for a sit? Weā€™ve had one offer that we had to decline as too many children and one interest from a couple who then applied but then ignored our confirmation and messages so we cancelled so that our house could be available again. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

@Teddydog2016 , how long has your listing been up? I think it looks great, you have all the pictures and information sitters want to see.

You should take a look at the new amenities category and add yours, as I know you have many. The other thing I can suggest is that you do a small edit of the listing that will then move it to the front of the list temporarily.

As things get closer if you still have not found someone, your listing can be posted to THS social media and/or boosted.

Itā€™s been up for about 2 months but I amended today to swap a photo and one of our rabbits died yesterday so I changed it to 1 rabbit! So I think it might be showing as a new at the moment. Thank you for replying and for tips lovely x

1 Like

Hello @Teddydog2016 - from one Wye Valley girl to another, we know how beautiful your location is. Personally Iā€™d change the pic of Teddy in the water to your cover shot and follow it with all the countryside photos. Your house is great but am thinking it will be the Wye & countryside lovers you want to appeal to so have those photos up front, the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and garden are what we look at. Add the amenities as @mars says. Your previous sitter says thereā€™s a bus stop right outside but you have clicked the ā€œnot accessible by public transportā€ tab which might not be helping. Could you lend sitters a car to add appeal as another option? (car hire is so expensive now and that will attract more international sitters). You still have a whole month so thereā€™s time - it looks like a lovely sit, only sorry we donā€™t sit in the UK. Best of luck.

5 Likes

Oh how sad for you @Teddydog2016 your rabbit has just died.
As @mars has said, you have a lovely listing (Iā€™d complete the new Amenities list too, even though you mention a lot in your description) and it is indeed New again so, hopefully, it will attract sitters now. It is a busy time for sitters where demand is high because of school holidays. I did read where your last sitter commented on Teddy not liking his harness being put on. Has this improved?
All the best.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, your sit looks lovely. Iā€™m sorry that your rabbit died as well, how sad.
I agree with @Cuttlefish - if there is public transport nearby, you should definitely mention it. Lots of sitters get put off by needing a car.
I only do international sits that I can reach by public transport. In Ireland where I live, I can take any sit because I have a car here, but itā€™s too expensive to take it to another country, and hiring a car costs even more. Only wealthy sitters go abroad and rent a car there, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll do that and also say we can lend a car if they need it xx

6 Likes

Thank you both so much for replying and for your really useful ideas. I will make those changes and see what happens! Fingers crossed! Yes Teddy is better now with harness so will mention that too. Xx

5 Likes

@Teddydog2016 just make sure your car insurance company allows others to drive your car, especially if the sitter is not from the UK, as this has been an issue already discussed on the forum.

2 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ll have a look in the forum before putting that on xx

1 Like

Hi @Teddydog2016, like others here I think your listing is great, your home and pets lovely. So sorry that youā€™ve just lost a rabbit, the other rabbit must be feeling a little bereft too.
I would jump at your sit if I wasnā€™t travelling in Australia.
I note youā€™ve mentioned you could lend the sitter a car and @temba has rightly pointed out the possible difficulty with insurance for a non-UK sitter.
You mention that your home is ā€˜Not accessible by public transportā€™ yet your previous sitter says there is a bus stop near by, so maybe you could remove that?
You still have 4 weeks and Iā€™m hopeful someone will be found. Ross-on-Wye is a lovely place, I live in Cheltenham.

4 Likes

Hi @Teddydog2016 - you have been given some great advice from others already - I am really surprised that you have not had more interest!
One thing I noticed is that you have the ā€˜Family-friendlyā€™ tag (which is great), yet you also say " 4 bed modern detached houseā€¦You will stay in the main bedroom"
Would possibly more than one bedroom be available?

2 Likes

Yes I could do another room - itā€™s just the thought of preparing another room with teenagers!! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone that has replied - you are all so lovely and helpful, I wish Iā€™d joined the forum earlier! Thank you again xx

8 Likes

@Teddydog2016 This is a great looking sit in a wonderful area. We live in Cheltenham so know it well. In fact this would be just the sort of sit weā€™d apply for if we were available for your dates.

The only other thing Iā€™d suggest is adding the sizes of any addition beds you could make available in the Amenities section, and also adding photos of the other bedrooms. I do understand the potential challenge of getting a teenagers bedroom ready for a sitter, or indeed even a photo as I have a teen myself and another almost teen!

2 Likes

@Teddydog2016 Your sit looks absolutely lovely! Just the sort of sit weā€™d apply for if we were in UK for your summer dates! (We are sitting in Spain till end of Sept) Your first sitter feedback is excellent and I am really surprised youā€™ve had no interest yet. You seem to have followed all the excellent advice so far given so I can only wish you the very best of luck! Iā€™m convinced the perfect sitter just hasnā€™t yet seen your listing!!

5 Likes

What a shame youā€™re already fixed as I did wonder!

2 Likes

Thank you for the lovely encouraging comments, we have had a few people save our listing since we made the changes so fingers crossed there will be good news soon! X

4 Likes

Hope so, and let us know!

Hi @ teddydog2016. I think your sit looks fabulous. A beautiful pup & bunny :heart: Wish I was in the UK now. Hoping to be travelling the UK next May/June/July. Will definitely look out to see if you have any available dates. Iā€™m sure you will get lots of applicants. :smiley:

1 Like