No sitters yet šŸ˜¢

I think UK sits are tough as many of the sits on this side of the pond are UK so thereā€™s just too many for the number of sitters who can travel to the UK. I donā€™t know if weā€™re allowed to say this here but you might also try posting on some other sites that have less Uk focus.

1 Like

@Teddydog2016 - I see you have an applicant - I hope you are a good fit for each other!

1 Like

Yay! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Well since we implemented all of your fantastic advice weā€™ve had 2 applications to sit for our summer dates and 1 for our Autumn dates!! Also 13 people have saved our details!! So many thanks again :blush::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

So, more importantly, @Teddydog2016, are they suitable and have you set up video calls with them? Donā€™t let them slip through your fingers!

2 Likes

Hi there - Iā€™m new to THS and this forum so forgive me if I goof up!

Iā€™m not receiving many applicants (two so far, one I declined and one who withdrew) but thereā€™s only a couple of months to go. What if I donā€™t receive any more? Could there be anything in my listing that is putting applicants off? Any advice welcomeā€¦

Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Welcome @OceanCity - with two months to go , you have plenty of time to find a sitter .

If you link your listing to your forum profile - forumites can take a look and make helpful suggestions on how to attract more applications.

This is how to do it

1 Like

Hi all, weā€™ve just FaceTimed and confirmed the application! Weā€™ve let the other 2 applicants know too. So all sorted and now I can look forward to the holiday! (And tidy and cleanšŸ˜†) thank again all xx

3 Likes

Thatā€™s such great news @Teddydog2016 thank you for the update ā€¦ have a brilliant vacation, may we ask where you are going?

3 Likes

@Teddydog2016 Congratulations! Enjoy your trip and your first sitters!

3 Likes

We are off to Turkey!

1 Like

Now thatā€™s doubly coincidental @Teddydog2016 as ā€œfrom one Wye girl to anotherā€ was our last chat on here. Hay on Wye was my home and now itā€™s Turkey :rofl: Where are you headed? Maybe I can send some tips, we clearly share good taste. Enjoy all that fab food!

1 Like

How funny!! We are going to Daylan, we went there before covid and loved it - especially the food!!

1 Like

Gets funnier and funnier. We did a sit there in April, just before we left for Asia, we love Dalyan too, those tombs & the river cruises are so chilled. La Boheme was excellent for a smart dinner this year and thereā€™s a quirky place out in the woods, 5/10 mins taxi from town, called Gunluklu that is run by the Belediyesi and is excellent and very reasonable, visitors love it when we take them there. DM me if youā€™d like any tips or other help (Iā€™d put them on here but the forum probably donā€™t need all that random stuff) Have a great time, our Dalyan HOs have invited us back for Spring 2024 already :raised_hand: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you! We didnā€™t visit either of places last time so itā€™s great to have the recommendations and will try those places this time. What a funny coincidence that you have sat there too and going back!! At least in Dalyan I can still get my dog strokes as there were so many last time lazing around! We plan to visit the dog sanctuary too if itā€™s open like last time. Thanks again xxxx

3 Likes

Never heard anyone else comment on Gunluklu before. We used to go there years ago when we had our home there. I think thereā€™s more amenities now.

2 Likes