Owner posting functionality

If a HO already knows that they are going with a previous sitter is there any way for them not to publish the house sit listing or to flag it as a “courtesy post”? I have applied to several recent sits when a posting goes up and closes very quickly and the HO responds that they have chosen a previous sitter. I think that currently they still have to post the listing in order to get the benefits that the THS platform offers and be able to do reviews, but in cases like this all of the other applicants are spending time to apply to a sit that is not really available. It seems that there should be a way to avoid this and only “publish” sits that are really open to all sitters. I certainly understand why a homeowner would want to use a proven sitter, but would prefer not to spend time applying in cases like that. Perhaps there could be functionality where the sits are created in the system , but not published and the chosen sitter could be assigned.

Totally agree.
One sit in Germany was posted
We were the first ones that applied.
We had been reading hs reviews .
Just by luck I had a look at their calenders.
For the dates advertised.
They were all free
Within 3 hrs and 8 replies.
The sit was filled by a previous sitter
Who booked the same dates as the hs needed.
Ours wasn’t even opened
Seems a waste of time and effort .

2 Likes

Thats thoughtful of you.

1 Like

That is nice of you to do that. But in cases like that, it was my understanding that unless you list/publish the sit, you can’t do reviews, be covered by the insurance or the special vet line. Am I not understanding that correctly?

Thanks! Then I have no idea why HOs post these sits. I guess they don’t understand how to use the system most efficiently.

@Southernsitter @anon36831737 @Provence @Windtalker

Great topic and to answer a couple of points; only sits confirmed through the site include all of the benefits of the site, reviews etc., if an owner has a current account there is no reason for them to go off site unless of course the sitter’s account has expired and they have an existing relationship but the sitter would not have access to the site or be able to use the vet line.

Owners can invite sitters privately which will keep their listing from going public and receiving additional applications.

We are constantly looking at all functionality and appreciate feedback like this it’s how we get the product working for member

2 Likes