Pet parent missing review period

Experienced sitter here- I did a sit last month and the pet parent missed the 14 day review period. It was a last minute sit and they weren’t very organized so I’m not surprised. Is there anyway to get it added? I didn’t know about the new 14 day thing or I would’ve asked her to do it. I’ve completed 12 sits in addition to this one, all with great reviews. However, the last 11 have been with the same family and I am just fearful this will impact my ability to get new sits (this was also my first time cat sitting so was hoping for a good review). I use the service to find sitters for my dogs and I know I’d be concerned when there’s no review. I’m very upset about this… help…advice???

1 Like

If you have their email you could have them write a reference for you. Not as good as a review but it still is better than nothing

1 Like

Welcome @Ams2023 - you could contact membership support but I suspect the answer would be it is too late and both sitter and homeowner get several reminders to review during the 14 day period.

@Ams2023 , They are too late now so they have missed their opportunity to leave a review, they would have had reminders.

For you, don’t worry. One missed review will have no impact on you getting sits in the future

1 Like

Great suggestion by @IHeartAnimals

@Ams2023 , @IHeartAnimals suggestion of asking for a reference instead is a great idea, just to add, you don’t need an email address to ask for a reference, - we get all ours via WhatsApp

Hi @AMS unfortunately that is a downside of the 14 day review period that one or other side will miss the deadline.
I would definitely ask for a reference- that’s the best alternative right now.
In future always send the host an official review request from the site. We always send one the day after a sit finishes- backed up by a WhatsApp alert- just incase they don’t check their email or the THS site! Don’t just sit back and wait. Its in your interests to be proactive and ask directly! For hosts the sit is done and dusted when they return and all is well- and, for many, its easy to forget to do a review unless directly requested. For sitters (at least for us) the review marks the proper end of the sit. So I would be sending more frequent reminders now with this 14 day window rather than miss out on a review!
Its easy- for either side- to miss the reminders from THS. For some reason mine always arrive in Junk mail. Now with the new system we wait for THS to alert us that the host has written our review- then we write ours.

The HO/PP can reply to your Review at any time and add their thoughts about you and your care of their pets and home.

Missing reviews don’t show up on sitter profiles, so I wouldn’t worry about this negatively impacting you. For whatever reason, missing reviews only appear on HO profiles while in the app. It’s confusing because you can see missing reviews on your own page, but anyone else who isn’t you won’t see them!

@Ams2023 I feel your frustration. I have been trying to get a pet parent to do a review for me since May, she keeps saying she will do it and never does and now its to late.

I have also been trying to get help for myself from support services so I can leave 2 reviews for 2 previous pet parents but no one will help me. :rage::angry:

I keep asking to speak to management and I am just getting the run around saying we can’t do anything which I don’t believe is true.

Management would definitely be able to add something, they could easily do things before.

As a sitter I am so frustrated with THS and the lack of assistance from anybody. THS are supose to be a platform connecting sitters and pet parents together not gatekeepers of trying to help each other or putting a glowing review for someone.

This is getting out of hand now enough is enough!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::angry::triumph:

Hello, @Cat_Lover I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to leave those reviews after the deadline date. I wanted to check in on this to help you and anyone else who would like to know if they can leave reviews after the 14 days or after the deadline for old reviews to be completed.

Membership Services have said that after the deadline, the system won’t be able to accept reviews and they can not be added by the team. I’m sorry if this is not the news that you had hoped for.

There are also some FAQs on the blog post which can help explain what happened to old review requests when we launched the new review system.

Thank you for trying to leave those positive reviews, hopefully, you will get them in next time. If you or anyone needs any help with reviews, please reach out to the Membership Services team

Thank you
Carla