Please vote on polls

A poll on the five application limit has just been moved to an older thread on Hating the Five Application Pause. This makes it much less visible and likely to attract new votes.
It is a shame THS feel such a need to gag us when the comments are not what they want to hear.

8 Likes

Been looking for the last 10 minutes and I canā€™t find it. Anyone would think THS are deliberately making it hard to find!

5 Likes

you canā€™t find it because its thread was closed 15 minutes ago.

2 Likes

It is still there:

Discussion was closed, but maybe it is still possible to vote.

There is also the poll about video chats:

As Angela has stated on the particular thread, and as per Pietkuipā€™s post, it is only closed for comments, you can still vote on the poll on the original thread, just no comments.

1 Like

Hi Ziggy,
Yes you can still vote, but I think because you canā€™t comment the post will drop like a rock in where it will appear in the forum.

1 Like

Agreed, I guess itā€™s cooked then :weary:

1 Like

Never give up hope @ziggy!

3 Likes

@Tarheel1 @temba @ziggy Iā€™ve seen the link to the poll on other forums and groups alerting people itā€™s there. So it may still get some attention. The move to close comments is a bit sneaky imo. Smacks of ā€˜weā€™ll ostensibly show we now allow open discussion on the issue but weā€™d prefer the poll to quietly disappear so we can then claim only a small amount of members voted/care.ā€™

3 Likes

@Timshazz the 5 applications poll has double the votes so far that Benā€™s video call poll has!

2 Likes

@temba thatā€™s because people actually care about it. Unlike built in video calls and other window dressing.

3 Likes

Absolutely @Timshazz

3 Likes

My mistake you can still vote but because there are no comments it loses any prominence on the forum page and is less likely to be read. No new comments indicate a lack of interest.
We all know there are so many people just on the forum who are opposed to this rule.

2 Likes

It is showing no comments for 2 days and has 280-plus comments total on Hating The Application Pause threadā€¦

Not much attention will be paid to new comments there.
If we could post comments on the Poll it would be much more visible in the forum.

1 Like

Am I correct in thinking that this pole was designed by a Forum Member who is not a THS employee?

1 Like

@Itchyfeet not 100% sure, but Iā€™m thinking yes. After it went up I tested to see if I had the ability to make a poll and I can. And I doubt THS want the truth about that topic in black and white so they were never going to run it.

1 Like

the poll is here - the thread is locked but you can still vote on the poll

1 Like

@Itchyfeet

Its author appears to be a user named ā€œTHS Forum Userā€ yet when one clicks in it, it states ā€œThis userā€™s public profile is hidden.ā€

Found it. I didnā€™t like the idea on the second poll that sits should say pending after a mere 24 hours. It si sometimes a week or more before I even notice a sit, as not continually looking. If they all disappear within 24 hours I would never see any. And 24 hours would be far too soon for some owners to recieve any applicants. Have seen some sits saying ā€˜low applicatsā€™ for a couple of weeks or more.

Currently with the 5 application pause sits in popular areas can be paused within a few minutes.
This makes it impossible for people in a different time zones to even see the listing before it is paused.
The 24 hour idea is to enable them to have the opportunity to send an application. Although some people would just like to see the pause to start once 10 applicants have been reached.