Primary sitter not able to sit, partner wants to take the job

Welcome @lcuff59 to the forum, great question . It has been asked before so I’m adding a link…
Verification/Background Checks

The partner will not have been verified by TrustedHouseSitters . That doesn’t mean that the partner will not be trustworthy .

We house sit as a couple . I am the primary sitter , we are both listed on our profile description. THS facilitates travelling with a companion - however there is no facility for the second person to have the ID checks . My husband would willingly have a verification check by THS but there is no option for the second person to have these checks . We have reviews as a couple .

So you may need to do some extra checking yourself for peace of mind . They may be able to provide additional links for example linkdeln
.Airbnb references etc . They may have DBS checks already for their employment which they may be willing to share . As others have already suggested reading the reviews on the couple to see if the partner is mentioned will give you the best indication of whether you can trust them to care for your home and pet .

The primary sitter as listed on the profile- will be responsible for the stay .Not sure how THS insurance would cover this situation but it’s rare that a HO has needed to claim on TH insurance .