Product Update - June 2022

I scrolled all the way down to to bottom on the main site and it is listed there on the right hand side

Thanks. So not on the app then?

Hi Everyone :wave:

Apologies for the radio silence, answers and an update is coming soon.

I am on holiday :palm_tree: and am loving ManvsBee :honeybee:. Have a good weekend!

Many Thanks, Ben

5 Likes

A perfect example of why pausing at 5 applications will be frustrating - I went for a walk this morning and when I got home looked at my saved search alerts. A very nice one had come in within the 1.5 hours I was out and it is already at 12-15 applicants :open_mouth: Currently I have the ability to still apply, after the change I won’t even see it.

We can all tell stories like that. It’s impossible to stay on the site 24 hours a day. Sometimes it’s just chance.
We applied for a sit a couple of days ago which was posted as I was browsing. Within an hour we were accepted.

I know we’ve been the 4th application on a couple of sits in the last few weeks. If I wasn’t checking obsessively, I could easily miss some in the area I am desperate to fins a sit.

Hi @Crookie. The blog is accessible using the app, it’s just buried. To find it on an Android device:

• Click Me in the bottom right

• Click Visit the Help Center

• Click the “hamburger” (3-horizontal lines) menu listing in the top right

• Click Blog

Karen E

2 Likes

Hee hee, I’ve never heard it called that. Love it!

1 Like

@Kelownagurl Did you know that on Google this is a waffle? Makes sense when you look at it. :yum:

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 3.08.54 PM

1 Like

Very cute. :wink:

Thank you. There’s no way I would have found it on the app.

I am so disappointed in this new policy. 99% of my applications are for European sits. I reside in the states. The time difference is going to be detrimental for many sitters who prefer sits overseas. I love trusted Housesitters and I am very concerned about future European sits. I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end for me.

5 Likes

@Kelownagurl And the vertical stacked dots are either called a “kebab” or a “snowman” :joy:

2 Likes

<<Why not let the HO set their on own auto-pause limit?
Why not have auto-pause apply to the number of applications that have not been responded to, if the goal is to encourage HO response?>>
BEST COMPROMISE I HAVE SEEN. Thank you for some EXCELLENT ideas.

3 Likes

Be SURE to read BruceT’s post with a variety of solutions that actually make sense rather than a pause that does not.

2 Likes

Thank You so much for this, I ad no idea it existed and I’ve been a member for 4 years!
Don’t suppose you could tell me when the newsletter is sent out, again don’t recall ever receiving one!

Hi @Dawnie thank you for being part of our community for four years … I’ve checked your account and you are subscribed to emails and so you should be receiving all communications including the Newsletter which is sent at the end of each month …

Thank you so much, appreciate it

HI again @Dawnie I may have misunderstood your message and that you were referring to the Blog post not the community newsletter. Blog posts are not mailed out, sometimes the links are included in emails but as a rule they are not mailed but hosted on the website blog. Blog - Page 1 | TrustedHousesitters.com

I don’t get newsletters emailed even though I get notifications via email on these threads. Can you please check mine Angela.