Product Update - June 2022

Thank You so much for this, I ad no idea it existed and I’ve been a member for 4 years!
Don’t suppose you could tell me when the newsletter is sent out, again don’t recall ever receiving one!

Hi @Dawnie thank you for being part of our community for four years … I’ve checked your account and you are subscribed to emails and so you should be receiving all communications including the Newsletter which is sent at the end of each month …

Thank you so much, appreciate it

HI again @Dawnie I may have misunderstood your message and that you were referring to the Blog post not the community newsletter. Blog posts are not mailed out, sometimes the links are included in emails but as a rule they are not mailed but hosted on the website blog. Blog - Page 1 | TrustedHousesitters.com

I don’t get newsletters emailed even though I get notifications via email on these threads. Can you please check mine Angela.

Hi @Crookie you have email messaging turned on … if you think you are not receiving certain emails please connect with Membership Services and they will be able to check for you.

1 Like

@Crookie I just checked my emails. I received the most recent Trusted Times newsletter on June 29. The sender email address is reply@emails.trustedhousesitters.com

If you add that address to your Contacts (address book) it may avoid it possibly going into your spam/junk folder or being screened out in some way.

Of course, as Angela has said, please also connect with membership services. :slightly_smiling_face:

Francine
Volunteer Moderator :canada:

2 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird you are always such a great resource …

@Crookie as per @Snowbird’s help its always worth checking your junk mail (spam) which applies to anyone who is not receiving mail and is not unsubscribed from the THS mailing list.

However any member having email issues should contact the Membership Services Team as they are able to fully investigate individual issues.

2 Likes

Thank you for the updates. I feel I must add my voice to the concerns that:
(1) The pause is not a good idea, will not serve the purpose of redistributing appications and will instead harm both owners and sitters, thereby making this a less viable and valuable platform for all of us. Who asked for this?
(2) On the flip side, owners and sitters are begging for an improved review system and it has been de-prioritised in favour of something like the pause. I don’t understand THS motivation for this unless it is the cynical one - THS benefits from sitters and owners leaving inflated positive reviews due to fear of retaliation. The less honest reviews, the sits and sitters appear “great” and therefore the site looks more attractive to people who are considering signing up, simply serving a potential future membership rather than the existing membership who simply want to read honest reviews before committing to a sit or sitter. (The programming cannot be that complex to set up blind reviews since multitudes of other matching platforms provide this.)
Please do listen to us as you so often claim to do! Thank you!

4 Likes

Thank you Angela, I was referring to the emails :blush: However, I wasn’t aware of the well hidden blog but have now found it.
Thank you

I guess the “cut off at 5” hasn’t started yet. I checked the listings for France before I went to bed last night, and woke up to see this. If it was cut off at 5, I would never have seen it.

Sadly, I can’t apply for this one because I’m not qualified, but it does point to the challenge of missing desirable sits because of time zone differences. Still have my fingers crossed for a cut off at 5 and 24 hours format.

It has started, but is not immediate. I posted a sit 2 weeks ago and got the “your listing has been paused” only after I received about 7 applications.

Incidentally, the location where HOs can pause/unpause applications is in the Inbox tab. It would be more intuitive if it was on the Dashboard under “Your listing” @Ben-ProductManager

1 Like

Hi @Lassie Have you received any notification from THS that this was to happen? If you were not on the Forum would you wonder why it was paused?

3 Likes

I got an e-mail with this message.

I listed the sit about 2.5 months ahead of my departure.

1 Like

@Ben-ProductManager
First of all, I hope you had a lovely holiday!

The only thing I’m missing in this e-mail is a phrase that says sth like:
" you prefer to keep your options open and see who else will apply? No worries, quickly let these applicants know and you can unpause your ad to receive more applicants. "

To me, the way it is now sounds a bit like owners have no other option than to make a choice between the first 5…

4 Likes

Hi @Els just to keep you and everyone else in the loop, Ben is still on vacation until w/c 18th, so that’s probably the earliest we’ll see an update about this moving from testing to launch and what that involves, including communications. Take care, Vanessa

3 Likes

@Els - you can unpause without declining any of the first applicants. I had replied to every applicant within a day, but still wanted to keep my options open since the sit doesn’t start until September.

I ended up offering the sit to one of the first applicants, but my 2nd choice would have been the 9th or 10th one.

2 Likes

So it hasnt been tested at all??

1 Like

@LTD Vanessa is offline for the day now and will be back online tomorrow (UK time).

1 Like

I was thinking that as well. Was a bit disappointed a lot of that part was assumed.

1 Like