Questionable request

It looks like a Garden City Beach sit in South Carolina is expecting guests in their home during their advertised sit. I’m sure that is not allowed. Will TH reach out to them?
“May ask you to help with washing linens when new guests arrive downstairs. Water plants as needed. Like daily photos, report.”

1 Like

Hi @Cheri thank you, I will pass to the Membership Services Team for their attention.

2 Likes

This also looks questionable. It sounds like they want caretakers who will live in a guest apartment … Coral Bay, Virgin Isle.

This certainly seems like an imbalanced exchange. If the HOs want caretakers for their property, they should plan to pay the sitters extra for this additional service and include that information in their listing. Sitters are only responsible for care of the pets and care of the home or apartment they are occupying. I have seen similar listings with this arrangement that seem to have worked out well for both the sitters and pet/property owners

2 Likes

Hi. I’ll tag @Angela_L & @Therese so they can review this when they’re next online. Whenever you see listings you think should be reviewed because of content, or lack of content, it’s best to direct message the listing link to Angela, Vanessa, or Therese.

Francine,
Voluntary Formum Moderator

1 Like

Hi @mars - my understanding from the Terms of Service is that sitters cannot charge for their services. By extension, such an offer (of payment) could not be shown in a listing. That’s why a listing of this kind should be referred for review. I’m tagging @Angela_L so that she can correct me or expand on this point.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Hi @Lassie thank you for highlighting this listing, as @Snowbird has said please forward any listings such as these by Direct Message to myself, Vanessa or Therese and we will pass to the Membership Services Team who will contact the owner to help and advise.

1 Like

Hi @mars and thank you @Snowbird, you are absolutely correct sitters cannot charge for pet and house sitting. Equally we will address, advise and if necessary remove any listings offering paid sitting positions.

As I and others have remarked before, it is too cumbersome to report listings via e-mail. It’s a lot easier to use this forum. Having a simple way to flag questionable listings would be great.

1 Like

Hi @Lassie agree please use the forum but instead of posting on a topic thread you can use the the Direct Message option … which will notify the admin team directly

1 Like