Reporting questionable sit requests

Is there a way to flag a posting for review by TH if we think it violates rules? I know that we can e-mail TH with a link to the post, but it would be a lot easier if there was a button on the post (similar to the “share this listing” icons) where posts could be reported. Facebook has this, for example.

This poster doesn’t want the sitter to stay overnight, which seems contrary to the spirit of TH. Those daily petsitters are usually paid, not free.

3 Likes

I don’t see anything on the listings, but here you can direct message @Angela_L and she’ll relay it to membership services for follow-up. Quality control works better with team effort, including help from the sitters :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I reported a questionable house sit advert a few days ago to Angela here in the Forum. As a DM I then sent her more details and she referred it on up to member services. I see the advert has been reworded by the HO so that it meets THS rules.

3 Likes

Hi @Lassie. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, we will pass this now to membership services to take a look and contact the owner. There isn’t a way to do this automatically in the way you suggest, but membership services will look into any sit that doesn’t meet the THS regulations. Thank you very much for letting us know :slight_smile: All the best, Vanessa

3 Likes

@Lassie thats just bizarre and totally not what this exchange should be about…so rather than pay for animals to go to kennels etc the person just wants somebody to ‘pop in’ and feed the poor thing(s) then go away…so if they are away for more than a weekend what does that say about how they care for their animals…so wrong and you are SO right to flag this up…weed these people out!

2 Likes

I was more bothered by the idea that she was asking a daily sitter to work for free. I have a petsitter that comes to my house to feed and medicate my cats if I am gone for a long weekend, but I pay her.

2 Likes

I agree. I have seen other postings like this too. They want free service. I find it insulting.
@LTD , just took another look, the listing is no longer there.

1 Like