Quirky house sit

What has been the quirkyest house sit you have been to.
Has it been the house or the owners

1 Like

We’ve had many over the years that earn that trophy in one way or another, and generally in an endearing manner. One that sticks out was a quirky home in the UK that was a couple hundred years old and had a shower that was so small that Sergio (6ft 3in / 190cm tall) had to kneel when showering. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: well was it warm

Thankfully yes! Cold showers are a no-go :cold_face:

2 Likes

Thankfully I have to struggle to think of a quirky one. Almost all have been great in their own ways. One was a housesit with a cat. The homeowner said I’d have to get used to being woken up extremely early, where the cat meowed to be let out at some horrible hour. After two days of me ignoring the meowing (there was a litter box, of course), the cat adopted the habit of staying quiet and then, at a reasonable hour, gently walking from the other corner of the bed to reach me (so I was then awake), and gently tapping me with its paw. I then happily opened the door. That time, I was the boss in that household. :joy:

5 Likes

Good for you

Great question and I bet we could all write a book of our adventures.
We did a 4 day cat sit in Suffolk some years ago via another site.
When we arrived the HO told us in great detail what actions she had taken to check us out which we didn’t mind.
She then said that all her neighbours would be watching us and to let her know if any vans arrived removing her furniture. She said her neighbours were known as the Suffolk Mafia.
She then showed us the garden and pointed out where her late husband was buried.
I don’t know if any of this was linked!!

4 Likes

0h Dear bet you were really relaxed after all that :rofl:

1 Like

I think there’s a book there somewhere @Itchyfeet … The Godfather Part 67 :sweat_smile:
Strange things happen in Suffolk or is that Norfolk?
What was the address? I’ll be sure to give it a wide berth … thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

At least you were prepared @Provence … very glad you survived the open door experience

Well prepared thinking ahead :thinking:

1 Like