Re-Introduction: Now in Madeira & (soon) France

Hello! My name is Marsella and I am working remotely, and this is the first time in my life that I have nothing tying me down to a specific location, so I am trying to travel as long as I can. I generally house/pet sit between renting apartments long-term. In the last 6 months, I have done sits in England, Egypt, and Turkey.

I am now on the island of Madeira for the next month and for May & June I plan to move to France where I will be focused on learning the French Language and attending a language school. I am contemplating several schools right now. I am open to housesitting opportunities in both Madeira and France, should they arise.

Bio:
I am a 47-year woman who is traveling solo and working remotely. I have a long career in high-end restaurants as a Sommelier where I rarely got time off to travel. Now that I am working remotely, I am trying to travel as long as possible. I have spent the last seven months traveling. Housesitting allows me to extend my travels and spend some time with animals, which I miss. I am very enthused about the type of work I am currently doing now, which is marketing for wineries.

I live a very mellow life. I mainly walk, run and swim for exercise. I drink an occasional 1-2 glasses of wine, but I keep things very low-key when it comes to nightlife. My ideal Friday night would be two glasses of wine while watching the sunset and in bed by 9 PM. I am a huge animal fan and in particular, I have a fondness for dogs and cats. I am traveling very light with only a small suitcase.

I am particularly interested in house-sits in the wine regions of France. My boyfriend lives near Lille and I will be in Northern France often.
Merci beaucoup!

Marsella :hibiscus:

3 Likes

Hello. My name is Marsella and I am working remotely and this is the first time in my life that I have nothing tying me down to a specific location, so I am trying to travel as long as I can. I generally house/pet sit in between meeting up with other digital nomads. I love the balance of being around other people in my situation, to getting some personal time while sitting. I have done several sits in the last year (many not through Trusted Housesitter) in England, Egypt and Turkey. I am open to housesitting opportunities in many different locations but I do plan to return to Madeira Portugal in May/June. I am always willing to Facetime or Zoom with you if you are have any interesting opportunities. If you are interested in learning more about me, I included my full bio below. Have a nice day. Marsella :hibiscus:

Bio:
I am a 47-year woman who is traveling solo and working remotely. I have a long career in high-end restaurants as a Sommelier where I rarely got time off to travel. Now that I am working remotely, I am trying to travel as long as possible. Ideally, I would like to be away from my home in California for a year. I have spent the last five months traveling. Housesitting allows me to extend my travels and spend some time with animals, which I miss. I am very enthused about the type of work I am currently doing now, marketing for wineries.

I live a very mellow life. I mainly walk, run and swim for exercise. I drink an occasional 1-2 glasses of wine, but I keep things very low-key when it comes to nightlife. My ideal Friday night would be two glasses of wine while watching the sunset and in bed by 9 PM. I am a huge animal fan and in particular, I have a fondness for dogs and cats. I am traveling very light with only a small suitcase.

I prefer to house/pet-sit when I travel because I enjoy exploring slowly, allowing me to learn what real life would be like living somewhere rather than just experiencing the touristy side of travel. I am the dog/housesitter for all my friends and family. There are five families that I sit for regularly, and I have plenty of references that I can send you. I have always had many animals, but my last two dogs passed away of old age a few years ago. I miss having animals around so much, but I would like to travel as much as possible while I do not have animals. I do believe that life is enriched with the presence of animals! I have included some links below here. Mainly these are about my professional life, but they will give you some idea of who I am.

Thank you! Sending warm Aloha :hibiscus:

Hi and welcome Marsella :wave: Wow, that sounds like you have already had quite the adventure, and I know I will look forward to seeing what adventures are still to come.
-Deb :heart:

1 Like

How exciting! You say many of the sits you’ve done weren’t through TH, so who were they through?

1 Like

Welcome!
I’m a sitter and, now, HO/cat servant. Live centrally in Seattle. Dates TBD in case you are interested in same coast sits.

1 Like

Just really friends of friends, word of month :slight_smile:
I have used Nomador and Rover before

1 Like

Hi Marsella we have “joined” your posts so that other members can re-connect with you … thank you for updating your introduction it’s always so interesting to follow our member’s adventures …