Referring Listings without photos of guest/sitter bedroom, living areas etc. to Membership Services

Hi @Dee I referred that one to Therese!

5 Likes

By the way , I mean a new HO member, not a listing

1 Like

As a new HO on the site , I can confirm that now new listings must provide photos of the interior of the house , including the bedroom and bathroom the sitter will be using . So I think the lack of photos applies to older HO listings . That said , I don’t know if the quality of the photos is checked ? I did mine in quite a hurry as I wanted to get the listing up but I appreciate much better now what sitters would like to see to apply . As a “ nervous” first time HO , I was seeing things just from my perspective . I’ll take a lot of care to be clearer about the house , the pets etc next time I put a listing up . That said , I hope mentioning that my lab Nessie loves eating anything she finds left lying around won’t put people off!

8 Likes

All labs love eating so no, a true lab lover will not be put of.
The difference between a lab and a retriever. A retriever sniffs and thinks I wonder if I can eat that? A lab eats it then thinks I wonder what I’ve just eaten?
Good luck and I hope you get your perfect sitter and have a great break.

9 Likes

My friends lab ate a tub of nylon minty smelling dental floss from another friend’s handbag… surgery ensued!! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

That is so true ! And thank you :blush:

LOL, um no.

ETA: But maybe that’s just me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HI @BunnyCat I would say both of those listing were old re listings as members adding dates.

Needless to say, I would not give that sit a second look.

Makes you wonder why THS are not doing better vetting of owners and insisting that they show the required sitter living area. What has showing sitter living areas to do with home privacy. Owners show take of private items long before a sitter arrives on the scene

4 Likes

In what universe does a HO think it’s reasonable to ask a sitter to do house remodelling? Sitters are not slaves!

5 Likes

I have applied for one with only photo of owners no picture of animal or house at all think they are first timers so not aware of what they should do .they have about 30 apllicants.

If that’s true and this is a new listing, this shouldn’t have even got past the moderators to have it go live according to their “new rules” !?!?

Can you post the url here so that someone can look into it?

Yeah that is the one thing I wish we could do.

2 Likes

I reported a listing last week, it took 5 days for a response from MS stating they would look into it. Since then the HO had seemingly already selected a sitter and the posting was no longer live. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Not sure what you mean I’m not good at all that internet things.hopefully the ths will pick it up.

@Genevere Hi if you do work out how to copy and paste the URL then please send to me in a Direct Message and not post on the Forum or simply DM me the location and listing title … and we can locate. Thank you.

Sadly without the URL address they won’t - hence why we just need a simple “report this listing” button.

1 Like

Crookie Rumour has it that somwnets are a dabhand at at building and re-modelling - just joking

Must be a very popular area. I’m sure they will email you some photos if you request it (*assuming they reach out to you and your application.)