Referring Listings without photos of guest/sitter bedroom, living areas etc. to Membership Services

I mean, any house set could become a remodeling project, just bring a sledgehammer!

THIS IS AN APRIL FOOL’S JOKE, DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. I DO NOT TRAVEL WITH SLEDGEHAMMERS, ONLY KNIVES. Wait, that didn’t sound good either :bangbang:

4 Likes

Can you post a link to where that is stated as a fact? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Maybe it’s on the same page as the spring clean directions :shushing_face:

Invisible ink @MissChef :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Look after grandma! Glad you reported them that is outrageous

This is an EXCELLENT suggestion!

It might even be a Report This Listing and then Why buttons (No interior photos, no bedroom photo, etc.) Not only would it provide fast feedback but would be easy to track for analytics.

1 Like

Rather than just post photos, perhaps THS could have it so there are certain photos that are pre-classified for posting e.g.

Sitter’s Bedroom
Kitchen
Sitter’s Bathroom
Living Area Available to Sitter

Those are the biggies.

4 Likes

There are so many that have “Summer” in the listing and it’s Christmas (UK) I am not sure I want to spend time in the Summer House in Winter, nor have a Morning Coffee outside, it would be great if the HO could take a few minutes to update the listing, along with the local park the Dog get’s most of it’s walks, without listing their postcode. Could the listings just have a button that it’s detached or Semi Detached. Ho hum

THS maintains that it checks new listings before they are posted, and that sometimes faulty listings “fall through the cracks”. I don’t believe that listings are checked, or else the “cracks” are canyons. I saw a new list yesterday that had no photos and the location was a different country to the minimal text description. The day before, I saw a listing that just wanted someone to visit daily to water plants. Shocking quality control, but not surprising.

Hi @Lassie. Thanks for your comment. TrustedHousesitters doesn’t check all new listings, just those of pet parent/owners who recently joined TrustedHousesitters. If a member who’s been with us for years adds new dates to an old listing, the listing gets the “new” tag due to the new dates and goes live as soon as the pet parent/owner clicks submit. It doesn’t go through the approval process.

TrustedHousesitters has a lot of members who’ve been with us for many years, and our standards for listings have changed over the years to require more pictures and descriptions than in the past. Listings needing help or attention are very likely to be listings of people who have been with us for a while and are posting new dates.

With over 5,000 listings on the site and our membership growing quickly, we appreciate any help coming from our community. It’s not asked for or expected but greatly appreciated.

If you want to report a listing that needs additional help, you can either email the link and a quick description of the issue to support@trustedhousesitters.com or DM them to any of the forum moderators or staff. Again, we don’t expect or ask that you do so, but we certainly appreciate it if you do.

On October 14, I sent THS support a list of 32 listings that did not have the photos “required” of any listing looking for a sitter. (These listings are in an area we hope to visit next year, so I was looking at many and saving them on my “Favorites” list for future consideration.)

The customer service rep told me that she would “…pass on this information.”

I don’t think they did anything with the list I compiled. I randomly checked a few of the listings that I sent, listings with no inside photos, and they STILL do not have any inside photos.

4 Likes

Just saw a listing. No pics of bedrooms, kitchen, living room. One pic of bathroom! Can THS request this?

1 Like

Hi @Traveler99 … this has been discussed many times in the forum and yes, the listings team can request more photos where this is reported or if they see it. All new customers have their listings checked now, but it’s a slower process getting all the existing customers to update to meet the new imagery guidelines when they relist. If you have details of the listing, send me a direct message and I will pass this over. In the meantime I’ve moved your question to this recent topic addressing the same subject for your further reading. Thanks and all the best, Vanessa

@Vanessa_A Should I send you the 32 listings that I sent to Support weeks ago? See my post in this thread from a few days ago.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa,
I will send you the listing.

Thanks,
Cindy

2 Likes

Hi @KenandMary1998 … sorry for the delay responding, I only just saw this for some reason :slight_smile: If you’ve already sent these listings to the wider team that’s all that needs to happen for them to go in the processing queue. That’s what we do on the forum team, when they get reported here in the community, so they will already be in the right place. Thankyou :pray:

Among 3 listings published in the “no pets” category, 2 include animals to be looked after…

Why so often listings do not seem to be read by the staff before being published ?

There are listings without any indoor photo which seem new
( not following rules then)

There are photos upside down

There are listings with dates in titles which don’t match with the needs (other dates )

There are listings with only 1 day sit : no night spent or a simple mistake ?this does not seem to upset sitters, there are applicants!

There are listings with people staying or coming bacck while the sitter will be there

Strange