Repeat Sits And Reviews

Hi All. I do a few repeat sits through THS. Have reviews/feedback for these (3 times for each) but are they necessary or useful? Should I continue requesting a review and giving feedback to these repeats.Thoughts please. Thank you.

1 Like

I would think yes as it shows a continued good relationship with your repeat HOs and shows your commitment to sits, plus a blank in a sit always looks odd (ask @Colin and his dashboard :wink:)

6 Likes

Yes. I have carried out many repeat sittings and had reviews for all of them. One HO advised me that he had chosen me as I had repeat sittings.

4 Likes

@Sarah22 - Definitely, nothing looks better on your profile than proof that a home host has invited you back on multiple occasions.

1 Like

Hi @Sarah22 I would definitely say yes, absolutely, to continuing to request reviews and provide feedback for your repeated sis. As @Cuttlefish mentioned, it shows a continued great relationship and a review of how the sit went in effect and importantly when others are reading your reviews or reading the homeowners feedback they are not left wondering as to why there are gaps! I would always request a review and provide feedback no matter how many times we sat for the same homeowner.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good question. I also have a few HO/PPā€™s that Iā€™ve done plenty of repeat sits for. In fact, I have done 8 repeat sits over 2.5 years for the same owner. Weā€™ve given each other 3 reviews in that time but after that we stopped reviewing one another. I think we both mustā€™ve felt that everything had already been said so what more was there to add. Iā€™ve sometimes wondered whether we should write something as simple as ā€˜Sit number X completed. Please see previous reviews.ā€™ Iā€™m unsure whether a succession of a lack of reviews from the same person could affect my standing as a sitter but Iā€™m certainly curious to know what others say about this.

1 Like

I donā€™t, I think one couple did a double review, but I didnā€™t request it.
Other people do, and it shows a relationship, trust etc.
As you get more reviews I donā€™t think you need to do repeats.

As others have said, it is important to show a continued positive experience for both sitters and hosts. That said, you can just add a short note - Something like. ā€œAnother great sit for _____. See my previous reviews for detailed information. Highly recommended.ā€

3 Likes

Thank you for all the replies. I will stay with the reviews/feedback but will do as @Chatsetchiens suggests i.e. please see previous reviews :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™d rather a short review indicating itā€™s a repeat than no review.

Having said that, at least two homeowners have now been feeling confident enough in me to have me sit for them off the site so that there is no record of it and it will just be between us.
I am okay with this.

1 Like

@FreeSpiritManette -It is fine If previous home hosts invite you back privately off-site if they are no longer members of THS. However, if they are still members it makes no sense not to invite you via the site. They may as well take advantage of the insurance booking through the site offers. You donā€™t want to accidentally break a prized possession with no insurance to soften the blow!

1 Like

Great point, Itchy,
It sounds great to be ā€œchosen.ā€ I know I would love to have every sit reviewed, so I can see how many I do in a long row, and so Hosts can see, too.