Request: Ability to block out dates as a sitter

Could THS please upgrade the ‘calendar’ or “my availability” function with the ability for sitters to block out (with it showing as crossed-out dates) days on the calendar when they aren’t open to sitting?

As stated many times in threads, NO ONE understands anything other than the crossed out dates and with summer in the northern hemisphere arriving, I’m receiving invites to sit on days that I a) aren’t already booked for b) have not listed as 'available".

This is annoying when it could easily be rectified.

2 Likes

@BethMe even if such a facility existed it probably wouldn’t make much difference! Many hosts don’t seem to check the sitters availability calender before inviting them and -even if they do -we frequently get invited for sits when we are clearly already booked on other THS sits! It seems that hosts can invite any sitter, at any time, regardless of their availability status.
Unfortunately sitters cannot make any contact at all with hosts if their dates overlap by even one day!

1 Like

The only remedy is to “move”, to set your location to Greenland or something similarly remote.

I completely agree, HOs inviting me to sit appear to ‘read’ the calendar showing my apparent availability as if I’m ‘inviting’ HOs to ask me to sit but that’s very far from what I’d like my calendar to suggest. I’ve now added into my profile that I’m fully booked for 2024 (thank you to whoever it was here that made this suggestion). Since I did this the invitations to sit have ceased.