Response from HO

I applied for a sit and the HO messaged me saying they would like to offer me the sit. They asked me best time to WhatsApp me and i responded. It’s been more than 4 days since this last communication with me. The sit is still available and I cannot see that they have had any more applications. I would like to contact them again and want to know how they are alerted to a message from me? Do they get an email like we house sitters get alerting us to a message? I would really like this sit but don’t know how long I should wait for them to respond?

I know it’s obvious but I hadn’t added the HO’s WhatsApp mob number into my contacts so they were calling me but it wasn’t showing my end… send a message via THS asking for their Mob number if you’ve not got it already then move messaging over to there. In my case the HO confirmed the sit immediately after our video call- and we bonded over being techie challenged at times (we’re both in our 60s).

Yes, HOs get an email that alerts them to a new message in their inbox.

If you haven’t heard back about your message re: WhatsApp, why not drop them another note, asking if they’ve made alternative arrangements for a sitter? That should get things moving! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi

Thank you for your response. They have my number and asked me for best time for them to contact me (I’m in Australia)and I responded. But I haven’t heard back from them. I was enquiring whether they get an email informing them that I have sent them a message the same way that we as house sitters get an email informing us of a message.

Is there somewhere on the HO site where I can find their mobile number?

@Karen65 THS does not share members phone numbers or any other personal information. Members have to exchange this themselves .

You could include your mobile number in your application or in another message .

We have had this same situation with a HO who asked for a video call we replied the same day with our mobile phone number and didn’t hear anymore for a month . We then withdrew our application and it was then we heard from them - but we had already decided to accept another sit by then .

My suggestion is don’t put all your eggs in one basket - Apply for other sits that you like the look of even if they are for the same dates and then you won’t miss out on applying for a sit because of a slow response from this HO .

2 Likes

Personally I would message them via THS saying that you need their mob number in order to set up a WhatsApp connection to your number. This was the breakdown in comms with my HO, they were messaging me via WhatsApp but I wasn’t getting the messages so THEY thought I was ghosting them and I thought the same :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:it all got sorted out in the end and the sit was confirmed.

2 Likes

Thanks Bonny. The problem is that it indicates ‘unread’ on my messages. Yes I will send them a message as suggested by you.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi, I’ve found that settings have changed on WhatsApp and it was rejecting calls and messages from numbers not logged in my contact list. This wasn’t looking professional when HO were trying to video call me but I managed to change the setting via WhatsApp to allow calls for unknown numbers. Hope you have it all sorted now though.

1 Like