Saved Search emails and notifications arriving too late

I set up saved searches last year and never received any notifications at all. I will go back and try to to figure out why!

Not your mobile number itself, the THS app on your mobile.

Hi @LivSeglare I’ll reply on behalf of @ben as he is not available this week.

I would like to suggest that you delete all your shorter saved searches that you created a while ago, and redo them through the App on your phone. I also always put a little (app) behind my searches that I have created on my phone, so I do not get confused as to where they were created.
I hope this helps to clarify a bit better.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

The topic was meant to be Saved Search emails arriving too late and I’d like to return to that. @Ben-ProductManager As things stand now, receiving an email for my saved search is pointless, because many of the sits listed have already been paused. Generally I’m able to open the emails as soon as I receive them, but if you’ve got them scheduled to go out at set times then the odds of sits being still open are poor. It’s a waste of my time to click on numerous things already unavailable. Can you improve this or shall I cancel my saved search?

1 Like

It’s so frustrating. All mine are saved in the app so they are more immediate than the desktop. But I have to sleep sometime and a large percentage of my alerts for the other side of the world are now useless because they come through during the night and are already full before I wake up. And while I can be quicker to look during the day, a good percentage of those are too because I’m actually having a life and not glued to my phone 100% of the day.

1 Like

Share the frustration.

I know searches are independent on the app and the website, such that the app does not alert us to a result in a search created on the website.

But new to me…something in the thread indicated this is also true favorites. Is that correct? Does the app not alert to a listing that was made a favorite on the website? I suspect not but hadn’t thought about it until now.

If that’s right I have work to do. :slightly_frowning_face:

If I make a listing a favourite using the website on a computer do I receive any notification when it becomes available? What kind of notification is it? @Angela_L I don’t know who would know.

1 Like

@Lauraa

This article in the website FAQ’s should be helpful. It is about adding your favourites via the App and receiving notifications. It then mentions ‘Notifications are only available on the app, so you won’t get them on the website.’

Do you have access to the App? As it maybe the best way to get notified if a favourited sit has new dates. I can always guide you to downloading and using the App if needed?

1 Like

My question was do any notifications get sent on a computer. So the answer is no. Why this bias?

1 Like

@Lauraa The App and Website do have different functionality for certain things. For example the App is able to provide push notifications for saved searches (those saved to the App) and the website is able to provide email notifications for saved searches (those saved to the website). As you are requesting about favourite notifications specific to the website, please leave it with me and I will clarify regarding any available favourite email notifications on the website. Thank you.

1 Like

The notifications for saved searches on the website aren’t instant: they come in a once daily email sent out according to some schedule. I’ve used them for many years, but now they’ve become useless - too many listings are already gone by the time the email is sent out.

I understand notifications’ on the app to be instant: is that right?

Separate are favourites. I’ve never used them but now that the saved searches are not useful I wondered about them. On the website.

1 Like

@Lauraa I have just seen that there is more information regarding the App push notification frequency further up the thread, from our Product Manager Ben.

I presume that this is also the same for any favourite listings saved on the App that have new dates added. I will also clarify that when I check about the availability of any favourite email notifications.

I wrote a reply on this thread that was moved, by Angela, to the - now closed - ‘conclusion of pausing’ thread.
What I said was related to this topic, as aoposed to that one, so such heavy-handed modding doesn’t feel appropriate to me.

The app is sending notifications that are both arriving too late, and also when it shouldn’t be sending out notifications at all.

When it comes to notifying THS of tech failures, it would be good if THS seemed to be a bit more receptive to this useful feedback. As users, we shouldn’t have to be flagging these tech failures at all - we’re the clients.

8 Likes

I ran a very specific search for sits today and found only one listing in the area I was checking out. The HOs for the listing were already reviewing applications, so I set up a saved search for the same geographic location and closed the app.

I was pinged an alert about 5 minutes later and I immediately clicked it open. It was the same sit - the one that was already reviewing applications.

Why am I getting alerts for sits that I cannot possibly apply for? And why has this message been merged into a closed thread?! It’s an active issue from this week that directly relates to the topic it was moved from.

11 Likes

Apologies @Pips your comment was moved in error, we have repositioned.

Thank you for bringing to our attention.

Angela & The Admin Team

1 Like

Hi @Pips when you set up new searches in the app you will almost immediately get notified of sits in those search parametres. My understanding is that sits that are in “reviewing applications” status also get included in your search as sitters have previously requested being able to see those so they can favourite them with a heart for when they get advertised again. THS recently made this change. @Ben-ProductManager will be able to correct me if I have got this wrong.

1 Like

This morning I got alerts for one of my favourited countries. I went directly to it but there was nothing newly listed. I scrolled down the page to look at possibilities to individually favourite for a later date. I found two that were just ‘reviewing applications’ and the rest not currently looking. Those two ‘reviewing’ are ones we did actually apply to but already cancelled- the first because the host read our application and then ignored all follow msgs and was still ‘reviewing’ 12 days later so we gave up. The second we cancelled after the video call as it didn’t feel like a good match. Saved search is a waste of time these days…

2 Likes

100% of my alerts this morning when I woke up were useless!

2 Likes

This morning I got alerts for one of my favourited countries. I went directly to it but there was nothing newly listed.

Same.

It feels as if the IT side of THS is slowly and comprehensively breaking. The biggest ‘fix’ lately has been a feature that 99.9% of users seem to despise - everything else is apparently “on the list”.

7 Likes