Saved Search emails and notifications arriving too late

Considering that THS now has 140,000 members, it is obvious that the IT is insufficient. I really think that it is just Ben on his own!
Where has the multimillion investment gone?

11 Likes

Hello, I have a number of sits that I’ve favourited and at least three times I have been notified that the listing has new dates and each time I have had my phone in my hand when I’ve seen the notification only to click on it and it’s already reviewing.
I can’t see any other way of being any quicker offthe mark, any suggestions?
Today’s notification from being pinged to opening was less than 10 seconds.
I’m now going to let out a big sigh :pensive:

4 Likes

Happens all the time since the introduction of the hugely unpopular, 5 applications pause. I click on mine instantly, and yep, there it is “reviewing applications”. Don’t really think it’s worth saving favourites any more. :rage::rage:

9 Likes

Others have suggested staying awake for 24hrs a day and do nothing else but check new listings. Such a shame we have other things to do!

5 Likes

Hello, I did already questioned time between a sit to be showed on THS and an alert being sent. The reply I received was that it takes between 1 or 2 hours. So good luck, if you’re as I am living in a popular area. Just today I have missed 3 possibilities to apply because of this.

4 Likes

We’ve also just become victims of the policy! Was online all of yesterday looking for a new sit when our current sit ends - nothing was available. Stopped looking when I went to bed around 11p.m. and yet this morning when I woke and looked, there was a perfect sit, in the same city as we are currently sitting but it was already in the “reviewing” status. Hugely disappointing and I can only assume that as administrators are in Europe (I think) and NZ is 11 hours ahead of U.K., the sit has been listed overnight and others in a more compatible timezone have got in first! Know how others feel now!

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

As I am a full time traveller it is a valuable support for me to enter a secured search on trustedhousesitters to get new house and petsit offers as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, I have noticed that when I receive offers automatically, either at least 4 applicants have already applied for the offer although the post is still marked “new or even last minute” or when I click on the received message with the corresponding offer it suddenly disappears and I see the message that there are currently no offers.
This is very unpleasant, above all confusing and, in my opinion, not very helpful for being able to use a basically good option successfully.
Is there a way to optimise this offer as quickly as possible?
For example, that the new offers really appear immediately in the “saved searches” and that only the offers that are really offered appear (and do not miraculously disappear when clicked).
Many thanks!

2 Likes

10 out of 10 of my alerts this morning were already reviewing applications by the time I opened them at 7.45am. Its rarely less than 70% of my alerts especially with those in a different timezone. This happens EVERY day. The story spun with the change of policy was that very few listings get to the limit so it would have minimal impact. I’m afraid I beg to differ.

7 Likes

Admin Notice: Conversation moving off topic and temp closed.
Thank you

1 Like

Please keep conversations on topic out of respect for the author.

Thank you

2 Likes

I wish @Ben-ProductManager would address this question. My saved-search emails have been useless for some time. I’ve had to keep a saved search tab open on my browser permanently, which I refresh all the time.

3 Likes

Hi @Lauraa

We are investigating this and will get in touch when we have further information.

Thanks, Ben

2 Likes

@Ben-ProductManager
I submitted a complaint to support about only getting hourly notifications about sits in my saved searches (instead or instantly) and got this as a reply:

"I am sorry to hear about the frustration this may have caused. However,
please note that notifications are sent every hour not instantly. This means if a notification has been sent at 1:45 pm any listing listed between 1.45 pm and the next notification at 2:45 pm can be applied to by anyone who is accessing the website or the app. "

Something i have noticed- if you have an actual sit (not just a filtered search) saved, then you seem to get notified faster possibly (or they just have that hourly notification set for a different time than the search one maybe)

Again- if the 5 app limit were adjusted to allow all applicants for the first 24 hours, this likely wouldn’t have the kind of problematic impact that we are all so frustrated about.

7 Likes

I just got a notif on my phone for a new sit by one of my favourite HOs and I looked at it immediately. It was already at the “reviewing applications” stage and was locked off to new applications.

My question is: how to apply quickly? Do sitters hit the apply to sit button without including a covering letter? I don’t understand how it gets to 5 applications in less than two seconds after the notif comes through…

1 Like

It’s because there is a delay between the time the listing goes live and the notification is sent. It’s mentioned in another thread somewhere, I don’t remember the exact delay but I think they said the notifications run hourly.

3 Likes

Ah, okay, thanks. I thought the notif appears as soon as the listing is posted.

@Karen_E
I see that my question got moved here. I was not asking about the daily email of saved searches. It was for an individual listing that I have favourited via the app on my phone.

In any case, @Lindsay answered my question on the old thread where I posted originally

Hi @cat.tails. I’m glad @Lindsay answered your question. We moved your post here because many of the posts in this thread are regarding saved search notifications, not just about daily emails. I’m sorry that wasn’t clear. In fact, this is where Ben answered the question about when saved search notifications are sent.

Oh I see, I did not realise that the favourites are called “saved search”. My ignorance!

I had thought that what is called a saved search is when we put in specific dates/places/pet type and then we get a daily email. I had not imagined that the favourited listings are called saved searches.

For the past hour or so, I seem to get doubles or triple notifs on my phone of the same saved searches…

1 Like