Saved search

Hi,
Has anyone else experience this - I have various ‘saved’ searches and I’ve assumed that they get me notifications (I’ve clicked the button for them).
Why am I seeing suitable sits which fall into my category (date/location/animals) that have never been forwarded to me. Who is getting all these good sits? I’m getting frustrated by this as I’m never off my laptop looking.

Look in your settings at the App and switch ON notifications.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply -I’ve just checked my phone and my settings are already in order just as you kindly demonstrated. So I don’t know what the problem is. Are there no ‘saved searches’ on the app only ‘favourites’?

1 Like

In the app, you need to switch the push notification on also in each Saved search. Click on the three dots, then you should get this screen:

2 Likes

Apologies I also have this set up

@elle1431 over time I have had same concern about being not being notified of all the current sits highlighted in my saved searches and also in the notifications I receive about new opportunities. I have even asked THS support about why this happens and was given the answer that that is the way it is. To further confirm this if you notice that there are a small number of sits within your daily search email, go to ‘find a house sit’ tab and enter your desired location. In most probability you will see more that your searches give you. Probably!

Even more intriguing is I hardly ever see house sits for France or New Zealand coming up in my notifications when I am in Australia but when I travel from my home in Australia to Europe the whole demographic changes.

I even did an exercise when I searched for Australian house sits and received 105 results. When I then did a search on each of the states of Australia individually I saw 125. Go figure that one if it’s not an algorithm that is being randomly applied.

And we don’t know that it is random…

(Why do I never get notifications for really posh sits with just a turtle to take care of?)

Where are you setting up your saved searches? If setting them up from a desktop computer, they won’t save through to your app. To get push notifications on your mobile, you have to set up the saved seach on the app itself. Quite frustrating, and not very well sign posted!

1 Like