Sitter Liability when using equipment

Hi. With regards to the Home & Contents Protection. Are the homeowners covered if a Sitter injures themselves while using a ride-on or push mower during their stay on our property? Or is this excluded under 11(e) of the Terms? Thanks

Hi @KJG and welcome to the Forum :blush:

I would advocate contacting Membership Services by email at support@trustedhousesitters.com to check but I will also tag @Jenny to this thread

In the US, homeowners have liability insurance that covers an injury incurred by someone at the home. THS insurance requires that the HO first make a claim with their own HO insurance before THS coverage will kick in.

Great Thanks.

1 Like

There have been very few successful insurance stories posted about THS.

I think you are best having alternative.

Hi @KJG,

Thank you for bringing this question to the forum as it’s not a typical question that comes up so I brought your question to the correct people on our team and wanted to share with you what they said.

Regarding the specific clause they have cited, I’m going to say that if the sitter had an accident on a motorised lawn mower and took action against the owners for this, then the owners would not be covered because they are not covered for liability when a third party uses a motorised vehicle or machinery, whether roadworthy or not.

and as @mars mentions US Homeowners would need to contact their homeowner insurance first. I hope this helps clarify for you!

1 Like

Thanks Kelly