Sitter's Business Cards

We leave professional business cards after every sit and a thank-you note for the HO’s for when they are welcomed back home. What does everyone think?.. What special things do you leave for your HO’s after the sit is done? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

-The Canadian Critter Sitters
B & E

5 Likes

@1m1 those are awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks so much Debbie! :smiley:

1 Like

critter-sitter-cantwaittositforyou

1 Like

@1m1 this is a great idea for business cards. How could you resist that sweet face on your card? It’s “Tongues Out Tuesday” post!

2 Likes

So does this mean you are professional paid sitters in addition to offering your services free via THS? Is that not a conflict of interest? Not quite sure I understand.

1 Like

You can do sitting for any and all platforms you want, but just can’t charge if working for THS…

4 Likes

That’s what I thought - so why would sitters be handing out business cards to THS members?

2 Likes

They are really just cards with their names. We have the same thing.

4 Likes

ok - thanks

The reference to “professional business cards” is confusing, because to me anyone who’s a professional is paid to do the job. And the cards look like they could easily be offered by sitters who charge.

2 Likes

So that the client can reach out again in case they require our services in the future.

1 Like

No. These are professional cards for a professional service that we provide through THS. We do not charge as per policy and guidelines.

3 Likes

This is a professional site. We provide professional sitting service through this site and we do not charge. You are mistaken.

1 Like

Moderator note: Please keep comments kind and respectful and in line with our guidelines.

1 Like

I don’t really understand the need for the cards. What information do they hold that by the end of a sit people don’t already have?

Professional sitters implies you make a living through it and therefore require payment or usually charge.

4 Likes

I do not see the word “professional” on the card? We are members of Trusted Housesitters and Home Exchange. We love dogs! We travel a lot! Wherever we go, we seem to chat with people walking their dogs (Owners). They always want our contact information! My husband sends them his phone number, but we are going to get business cards and have them handy. It happens all the time!

3 Likes

These are cute! I might do something similar. I do agree that the word “professional” might read to some that you are seeking payment… and there is, or so I’ve heard, a subset of sitters on THS that then “take things offline” to get paid for repeat sits. So It might send the impression that is what you are after.

2 Likes

I don’t see the word “professional.” Am I missing something?

1 Like

You are correct! My mistake, I was just going by the topic title…