Sitters with no regular home

Good suggestion. I have a LinkedIn profile and have been starting my search there. Thanks.

Thanks. Still trying to figure out the right search parameters. I think I’ll be digging for a bit. I appreciate all the suggestions.

I already have a pretty nice home office setup, and I live alone so keeping things secure is a lot easier. I am really hoping to find something that clicks with that. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll look into it.

Travel phlebotomist are a whole different ball of wax. They do have such a thing. It is basically going around with a blood donation van, not what I want to do. I actually want out of direct patient care. My CAD experience is old, and I don’t have a degree or certification of any kind. I would have to be trained again. My only advantage there is I like the mental work, and I have some familiarity with the software. It’s changed a lot in 20 years.

Thanks. No, I did not consider blogging a serious change of career. It does seem like they are a dime a dozen. And I don’t have the super impressive writing or photography skills, ha.

They’re are some awesome replies here, and like many I do this because I love animals. I partially retired last year because I wanted to pursue a more fluid and alternative lifestyle. I’ve spent the majority of this winter on sits, yet have been staying close to my home territory. I too would disregard the negative comments that were made, as I’ve found there are some incredible and loyal sitters who just love animals. You can definitely gain a lot of perspective by reading individual reviews. I’m so grateful for this site and the opportunities it has presented to me and excited about my future sits :paw_prints::paw_prints::dog::dog::cat::cat:

4 Likes

Exactly :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree with @Fionabarton1970. I am on my own and travelling and looking after pets is so rewarding as I get to look after wonderful pets and they are the most amazing companions. I feel I can help pets not to be taken out of their homes and be in their environment as well as reassure pet owners they can go on holiday having a quiet piece of mind :slight_smile:

4 Likes