Struggling with Finding Sitters

totally agree! As a sitter, with plans to travel the world for the next two years, it would be awesome if we could put attach dates to the countries we plan to visit/sit. I am going to add that info to our profile soon but I don’t think profile info is searchable through the site.

1 Like

Shafofo,

Your sit looks wonderful. Unfortunately, we are also booked up through the end of the year. Being full time world travelers, we plan quite a ways out. We love that area and would certainly be interested in sitting for you in the future if it would work out. Our only issue would be a vehicle but should be able to make that work out. We usually have an idea the part of the world we want to travel to and sometimes even make plans based on sits. We certainly want to spend time in California so if you have sits planned further out, keep us in mind.

Dan and Nan

Hi @Shafofo - I see you have an applicant now so hopefully you will be a good fit for each other :grinning:

Thanks Dan and Nan, I hope you saved our listing? We do actually offer a our Kona EV and we have solar and a charger at the house. It’s in our Amenities, title, and also in the listing description. I guess it says car needed because we have no public transportation? Hm. Anyway, we’d love to have you, maybe the stars will align in 2024! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately not yet, just a lovely message from an unavailable sitter. I’ve received a number of those! Hopefully soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Shafofo,
Thank you! I saw the No public transportation but missed the part about the car.
Hoping for the stars to align!
Dan and Nan

1 Like

Hi! I’m a sitter who can only sit about two or three weeks a year right now because I work full time and have to go into the office. I hope to retire in a year and sit more often. Maybe some of the less active sitters here have a similar situation.

1 Like

Hello @MelodyM and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

There are sitters on here who range from sitting maybe once a year to others who sit all year round so you are certainly not alone in this situation.

For reference as a member and once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile/8396

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ve been a THS member for several years and have really enjoyed my sits.

@MelodyM that’s wonderful to hear and I am pleased you enjoyed all your sits to date :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A happy update: we have a sitter!! To be fair, we had four applicants, but 2 were not a good fit at all and one ghosted me while arranging to talk, so I was losing confidence. Our last applicant sounds like a perfect fit and we’re so happy she found us :slight_smile:

Thx everyone for all the support and good energy!

8 Likes

@Shafofo that’s fantastic news! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi I am brand new. Also I am normally a computer avoider!
We are looking for a sitter mid Aug to Mid Sept.
When I put in the dates (“apply”) - what happens then please??

• A lot of the people that come into view on screen live overseas so surely they wouldn’t all be looking to sit in Perth WA?
  • If I find someone who has come up and I want to invite them , how do I do this?
    Sorry to be so illiterate on computer, it’s obviously a wonderful service being offered. Thank you.

Welcome @Martin22 have you created a listing for your dates ? Then sitters who are available and interested will apply to you .

Thanks for getting back to me!
Hmmm
How do I “ create a listing”?
Many thanks !

Hi @Martin22 welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, thanks for your help @Silversitters

This article from the website bog will help you get started in creating your listing

The process can seem a little complicated at first especially as you say you are normally a “computer avoider” … there are a few of us who would love to be in that space :wink:

There are other helpful articles on the blog but there’s no point in overwhelming you with too much information right now. You can ask your questions here and also browse the listings on the site, that will give you a good idea of what a good listing looks like and what information on your pets and home you need to include.

Our Membership Services Team are also available with help and support and can be reached via the Help Centre https://support.trustedhousesitters.com/hc/en-gb LIve Chat or email support@trustedhousesitters.com

Once you have created your listing it will go for approval and once that process is complete your listing will be live on the site and interested sitters will start applying and you can reach out to sitters in your area.

But first things first, let’s help you get your listing completed and live on the site. Once it is complete you can add it to your forum profile so that our community members can “meet” you, your pets and they can also give you feedback on your “creation” We can help you do that also.

Please don’t hesitate to come back here with any questions you may have.

Welcome again.

1 Like

Thanks very much.

Yes listing has been done :heavy_check_mark:
So the photos etc all up ID done etc.
Then , looking for a sitter , I’ve put in the dates and ‘apply’ those dates.
The prospective sitters profiles come up.
Great.
But what then ?
How do I contact one of them?

Many thanks again.

Marti

You don’t necessarily need to contact sitters @Martin22 . If the listing is good and the location appealing then sitters will come to you from searches, favourites and alerts they have set up. You can look for sitters too but it’s more time consuming and sometimes not fruitful. If you link your listing to your forum profile then members will help with feedback and ideas to make it the best ever :raised_hands:t3: Best of luck.

2 Likes

Click on the sitter’s profile- if after reading their profile you think they are a good match you can send them an invitation .It’s all done through your THS inbox .

Will do that thank you very much.