Taking your pet on sits

Has anyone ever asked an owner if they can bring their own pet along for a sit and how has it panned out for you (did they answer and was it all ok when you sat)?

Hi @SarahJayne15 - this question has been asked many times.
Please use the spyglass at the top of the screen to find those topics. You will see comments from both homeowners and sitters.

@SarahJayne15 yes, essentially all of mine except for two trips that I flew to!

I inquire in my note when I apply and have a detailed message about her behavior, tendencies, etc that I send.

I have loads of pics with my pup on sits on my profile and always request a video call so folks can see her interact with other pets before they confirm with me. And finally, depending on the location of the sit, I ask to have a meet & greet well prior to their departure date just to ensure compatibility and too eliminate any final worries the homeowner might have. I’ll drop my profile link so you can check it out.

Check out my house sitter profile in Denver, Colorado on TrustedHousesitters

(link added to forum profile as per posting terms - please click the user name to view)

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I think it would be a bit easier with dogs. I’ve got a two year old cat who is full energy, but not social with other cats (it takes time) and I really don’t want to leave him alone for a month while we travel to test out where we want to live next and buy a house.

That might be a bit of a problem @SarahJayne15 . You say your cat is very energetic and not social with other cats (few are :woman_shrugging:). What kind of sits would you hope to do with your cat?

I doubt many HOs would welcome an energetic unknown young cat into their home, no matter what kind of pet they have.

1 Like

Why not be a HO too and have someone sit your cat while you travel?

1 Like

I am a house sitter too. I was away for 7 weeks and found it hard to be away from him