Travel with my pet

Hello! I’m new to this. I have been travelling in Europe for two years with my dog partner. I want to subscribe to the Housesitting program. Do you think it is possible that we are both accepted to take care of other animals and the house? Thanks for yours recommendation!

5 Likes

Hi @Araiglesias
This has been discussed on the forum a few times. I’ve found this thread which may help you decide:

1 Like

Some owners will allow sitters to bring a dog, and some won’t. Put it on your profile that you wil be bringing a dog, then it’s up to them.

1 Like

I don’t currently have a pet but have sat for homeowners who have had other sitters who brought pets

1 Like

I’d suggest having a fallback plan if you land sits. Personally, if I were bringing a pet, I’d want to make sure there was some way to keep them apart if they didn’t get along. Like I’d avoid studios or such, where no separation is possible. And I’d consider that it would be hard to keep any animal in one space for too long, if you did have to separate them.

1 Like

Hello @Araiglesias and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum and that’s a great photo too btw! :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

In answer to your question, yes you can both definitely be accepted whilst taking care of other animals and the house.

I have attached a blog below which tells the story of members Danielle and Brodin, back in 2018 they rescued Chia and took her off the streets of Mexico. Fast-forward to now and Chia is living her best life as she follows her pet parents around the globe, staying in cool homes and meeting new fluffy friends as they bring her along on their pet sitting adventures.

This is just one example of many of our sitter/s members who travel and house sit with their pet/s.

IMG_9481

IMG_9482

IMG_9483

Chia enjoying her house sitting adventures. :dog:

This story is one of many on TrustedHousesitters own Blog and there’s some excellent content on there … always check out the blog where you’ll find some great help advice and member stories!

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

4 Likes

Me and my dog have been on the road for over a year now.

I get rejected more frequently but have been able to find quality sits.

2 Likes

Also @anon84784007 is traveling with her dog, Tarkina. Perhaps she can give some pointers too.
What a beautiful photo!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m travelling from
the Uk to China overland by car with my dog- a friendly, well behaved corgi. Does anyone have experience of applying for housesitting positions accompanied by their dog?
Warm wishes to all! I’m
Carolyn