The Burmese Cat - What You Know & What You Didn't Know

Notoriously loving, affectionate, sociable… There’s a LOT to shout about when it comes to the Burmese cat!

So, whether you’re the doting pet parent to one of these wonderful cats or you’re simply looking to brush up on your feline fact sheet, sink your claws into this guide and discover (almost) everything you need to know about these beloved Burmese beauts…

I have been fortunate enough to care for two both for the same family, Miss Izzy, who sadly passed away at the grand old age of 21 and Coco who arrived two years later …

19225672_10156213106779348_579360385678925971_n

Have you been owned by one of the adorable creatures or have you sat for one? :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Hi @Angela_L
My dad and step mum rescued a Burmese cat (to add to their other fur babies) from the streets in Spain where they lived for many years. They are beautiful cats. Their cat Suzie likes to backflips when playing! :grinning:

2 Likes

We have also sat for 2 super affectionate Burmese cats.

Lovely Livvie

Cuddly Charlie

5 Likes

Aw that is so wonderful they saved a Burmese cat from the streets of Spain! Rescue pets really do know when they have been saved and their love is unconditional. Thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat:

3 Likes

@Julie_A Agreed! They brought back 7 cats when they moved back to the UK from Spain. 6 are street rescues. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

That is AMAZING! Your parents are true angels :green_heart:

1 Like

That’s wonderful to hear @richten1 I would love to know the all about their journey as we are always looking for inspirational rescue stories …

Jack is such an affectionate old gentleman who lay claim on my chest whenever I lay down.

4 Likes