Thought for the day

Thought for the day

As I write this, we are sitting in a peaceful bar in Perpignan, France, watching the sun go down, enjoying a glass of local wine. We have enjoyed beautiful sunshine all day at a very balmy 16°C and are halfway through our holiday.

Yesterday we were at the Fetes de Lumieres in Lyon.

Tomorrow we go to a vineyard that sells our favourite rosé wine.

My dogs are at home in the UK being looked after by competent sitters (who are now dear friends) These trips would not be possible if it wasn’t for THS.

As I allow myself to drift comfortably into thoughts of what tomorrow brings, a jolt back to reality makes me realise how lucky I am to be here, while there are people all over the world being silenced because of their thoughts and beliefs……:disappointed:

5 Likes

Enjoy every moment @Sally1959 and thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

We love Perpignan! We did a house sit a few years ago near there and enjoyed its Xmas market and old town.

1 Like

Absolutely true, Nobel Peace prize is a perfect example and why we really must support those fighting for freedom of speech wherever and whoever they are!

1 Like

I totally agree, I am truly grateful and humbled by all those people that have fought and continue to fight for freedom of speech!

2 Likes