Travels with Sam 🌎

Yup, I loved Charlie & the Chocolate Factory as a kid, so I went to that tea when I sat in London.

2 Likes

@Maggie8K Thank you for this great suggestion. I have been looking for the perfect venue for a “Chocolate Afternoon Tea” and this looks utterly delicious! :yum::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you want to avoid a crush of noisy kids, try to book at the tail end of tea hours. I did that and shared the entire tea room with only three or four tables. The service was welcoming and easygoing.

2 Likes

@Sam_F we had the most wonderful champagne afternoon tea this afternoon at Bishopstrow near Warminster. Thank you @Cuttlefish for the recommendation. We had to ask for a takeaway box as there was so much food! We waddled out of there!

7 Likes

Yay!!! That makes me super happy @Crookie :raised_hands:t3::coffee::cake: Have great memories of a spa break with a girlfriend, two roll top baths in our room and lots of champagne :rofl::rofl: Glad you enjoyed it. #loveitwhenaplancomestogether

3 Likes

Hi @Crookie That looks absolutely delicious and thank you for sharing such lovely photos!
As you say, a great recommendation from @Cuttlefish :+1:t2::blush:

:yum::clinking_glasses::cake:

3 Likes

Flew into Seattle (actually SeaTac) this morning. Headed to the Queen Anne Cafe for breakfast. (Serves breakfast till 2 p.m. and then closes.)

My husband and I started going there more than two decades ago, when we lived in the neighborhood. It’s not fancy, but is satisfying. I recommend it if you’d like to check out QA. It has a nice, walkable main street / high street, with dog friendly spots.

I breakfasted, then loaded up on groceries at the Trader Joe’s on the next block — convenient, because this TJ’s has easy parking.

I’m headed to sit in Bainbridge Island, so am now in the ferry line with my rental car.

3 Likes

I’m really missing Trader Joe’s since ive been in the UK. Nothing comes close. Enjoy Bainbridge :wink:

2 Likes

Back in the 70’s you could have a buffet breakfast in vegas for 2.99 that is no longer.

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes, TJ’s is unique. I have relatives from abroad who love to shop there every time they visit the U.S. and hear likewise from other folks. On a sit in Glasgow, my host headed to the U.S. and also mentioned loving TJ’s.

I also recommend Cost Plus World Market to many folks, because it has a unique food and wine selection from many countries at reasonable prices.

2 Likes

When I’m home i shop at TJ’s, Whole foods and a couple of items from Safeway. I’m an organic food snob so those the first two are preferred. I haven’t quite found a match here.

1 Like

Coincidentally, those stores are all in range of my current sit.

2 Likes

Hi @Maggie8K Thank you for the great breakfast recommendation, the menu looks delicious! :yum:… Enjoy your time in Bainbridge Island :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Beauty Of Passport Stamps

Some countries have passport stamps that are somewhat bland and purely functional. Other countries have passport stamps which tell a story and are a work of art. Passports are more than just a little book for proof of identity which allow us to travel from country to country. They also tell stories about the history of our travels around the globe. Flicking through your passport can evoke memories of your travels.

Photo on Shutterstock

Three of my favourites, partly because I like the countries so much and partly because the design of the stamps are so beautiful are Japan, Machu Picchu in Peru and the Maldives. The Japanese stamp/sticker incorporates a view of Mount Fuji and the Maldives is an underwater scene of coral, fish and a turtle. The stamp of Machu Picchu is a pretty cool looking stamp and reminds me of our trek to get there!

The stamp I would most like to acquire is from the Cook Islands, in particular One Foot Island, Aitutaki. This stamp is quite simply one foot print.

So just for fun…

In your passport which is your favourite stamp and why?

Which passport stamp would you most like to acquire?

1 Like

Where are you in the UK @Catgoddess_99? It’s organic food heaven in Totnes if you happen to be in Devon. Am guessing you’ve tried the local farmers markets and your farm shops if you’re rural UK, Fabulous Farm Shops is a good resource. Have moved 29 times in the UK alone (don’t ask :rofl:) so I may have an organic food gem to share if you’re close to one of those homes #payitforward

3 Likes

My newest passport was a bit sad until this recent trip to the UK. So far my only stamp is Dublin. This is my first time abroad since the pandemic, and my passport was renewed in 2018, and i didn’t get a stamp in Montréal which was my only travel prior to the pandemic in 2019. I’ll have to look through my older passports to see what my favorite was.

1 Like

Currently Finningley Doncaster South Yorkshire. I did find some organic food when the HO took me grocery shopping before she left.

1 Like

Next I’ll be doing a kitty sit beginning end of April in Overton Hampshire for a week.

3 Likes

Your travel journal is very impressive :clap:

1 Like

Excellent! So, Alresford is a good organic eating food loving place as as is Selbourne. Home to naturalist Gilbert White nonetheless too. Stockbridge also good. Winchester lovely but overpriced and the farmers market is a bit weak & touristy IMHO. They’re probably your hot points for organic goodness and farm shops nearby. Enjoy! :raised_hands:t3::heart:

3 Likes