Unread applications and non responses

I’m always surprised HO don’t send any message (individual or group) as when we decline somebody THS sends owners amessage giving them this choice , so there is no reason to keep silent and unpolited

1 Like

But even if owners are prompted to send a nicer message, sitters have already received the automated blunt one, yes? After a decade on THS I am used to this, but for years I received 6 or more THS ones for a single sit. My screen was filled with Sorry you were unsuccessful…

1 Like

Hi

I have a 4 weeks sit on the 21/7 I’ve had a bit of interest. But each time I’ve replied no one has then replied to my message.
Is it just me ? Why bother applying if then you don’t reply :woman_facepalming:t4:

Hi @angsay - How often is this happening to you?

If it happened once that is plausible but if it is happening many times it seems really unusual and I wonder if your reply to them is worded that they think you are not interested.

When we apply for sits we normally get one of four responses from the home hosts.

1- “Thank you but no thank you”. - In this case we respond to thank them for letting us know and to wish them well. I can see it possible that some sitters would not reply to this response
2 - “Thank you, we have had a lot of interest and so are thinking about it and will get back to you.” - In this case we respond to thank them for letting us know and to say that we await their decision, If we hear nothing more we do not respond again presuming they made a decision and did not let us know - I can also see it possible that some sitters would not reply to this initial response but instead, just wait as requested.
3 - Thank you, your application sounds very interesting could we have a video call to discuss further - In this case we respond immediately and arrange the video call ASAP - I presume all other sitters would do the same in this instance.
4 - “Thank you - , we loved your application and would love to have you stay!” - In this case we respond immediately asking if we can arrange a video call with the home host before committing. Again, I presume all other sitters would do the same in this instance.

2 Likes

It’s happened a couple of times.

Both sitters live abroad. I thanked them for their application and asked if they are in the UK or if they will be travelling to the UK. Then I’ve had no reply.

It’s no big deal just wondered why they would
Apply to then not respond to me.

1 Like

Same here. It’s disappointing. I am new, and only applying to sits that I’m a good match for based on the description. I point out that I’m local, flexible, and happy to meet in advance if necessary. I don’t have any problem with not being judged the best match for a sit, but I’d appreciate a brief note to let me know if that’s the case.

1 Like

Hello @bethyama and @angsay,
Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Forum! As both a homeowner and pet sitter I understand the frustration of not receiving timely (or any) communication from applicants. No doubt Miss Manners would have something to say about it :upside_down_face:

I think @Colin 's explanation is most appealing - giving several options with some flexibility.

I did notice that you could both add your profile in your Forum listing which helps provide more details about you in a seamless manner. If interested here’s how: How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

I hope you find compatible connections in the months ahead. We look forward to seeing where you go!
Karen S and the Forum Team

We found my grandmother sitting in floods of tears surrounded by sympathy cards after my grandfather’s death, attempting to reply to each one. I never expect a reply to them: the bereaved have enough to cope with without adding the extra stress of reliving their loss by writing thank you letters.