Video calls & Applying For Sits

I also understand the “sting” of a rejection and take them personally too. BUT as a (previous) HO … I would receive so many amazing applications it was next to impossible to “pick just one.” And then I would have to send the “decline” message to the ones not selected! (I was HO back before the limit of 5 applicants was implemented … and sometimes I had 15-20 GREAT applicants to go through). So I guess my message is “try not to take it personally.” We have so many great Sitters and the fact that you weren’t selected (this time) doesn’t mean you weren’t a great candidate.

After losing my sweet Buddy-girl, I’ve signed up to be a Sitter … and I don’t always get accepted when I apply. But I know how difficult that choice can be. Keep trying!

4 Likes

Thats unfair, being misled.

Thank you for this post which made me think. In the future I will ask politely, are you interviewing others and if so, when will you choose? That’s what I’d do in a regular job interview as well. However I can really understand your disappointment and I’m sorry.

2 Likes

No worries I’ve got another sit booked now for two weeks in June in England. The HO was great and after only a telephone call and asking them to look at my profile we hit it off and secured and confirmed the sit. They said a video call wasn’t necessary as I had pictures on my profile and talking to me was great. I’ve got the welcome pack with their details and they’ve got my details.

Really looking forward to this one and hopefully, everything will go smoothly this time.

Thanks for all the great responses to my post and good luck everyone with your future sits :blush::+1:t3:

4 Likes

@Beetherapy - I would still suggest you do a video all - it is as important for you as it is for the home host

3 Likes

Hi Smiley, I actually find it unusual to have a video call, as have only had a couple in the many years I have been sitting. The vast majority have been confirmed just after a message or two and only a very few with phone calls. Most seem to just go by reviews they have read of me. I also tend to go by the look of the place from photos and write up, as well as feedback from previous sitters.

1 Like