Viewing captions on posted photos

Not an urgent request, just wondering. I’ve posted the allowed 12 photos, and wrote a thumbnail descriptive sentence about each. I can’t find these little blurbs when I view my profile. Is there something I’m missing?
Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.
Diane

2 Likes

We can only see them when we’re on the app. They don’t show up on the website. I sometimes go to the app to check out a sit I’m interested in just to see if there are any photo captions.

Thanks for explaining the mystery! Glad to know my little efforts at crafting deathless prose have not been wasted…
I must say, I am so impressed with the community on this site already. I’ve already been contacted by a very helpful admin person and one friendly woman who lives near us— she also offered us a sit on her farm this fall!
My parents and brother lived in Penticton for about 10 years, so I made frequent flights to the Okanogan in my teaching holidays. Loved visiting the wineries, of course — it’s Mission Hill that has a big tower and an outdoor dining area, right? — but also swimming in the lovely lakes.
Cheers,
Diane

8 Likes

Hello,

I’ve noticed that when using the TH app/mobile website that photos on house sit ads often have descriptions but these aren’t visible if you are using the desktop web version.

Often the photos contain important information that is missed if you are viewing on the desktop website.

Is this just me or does anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Hello @UKSitter … I’ve moved your question here as this recent thread answers your question in that currently the captions are only shown on the app version.

Thanks Vanessa, do you know if the photo descriptions will be available on the desktop version at some point? I ask as I feel they often contain important information that could be missed.

Thanks

@UKSitter I don’t know the answer to that I’m afraid, but when @Ben-ProductManager is back from his holiday I’ll see if I can get an update.

I know this has been requested before but the request to view captions for photos on the desktop version has been out there about 2 years! I just realized that the captions/descriptions we have of photos on our profile as sitters aren’t seen except on the phone app!

Please give us a date for when this will be fixed. I don’t know programming but 2 years is a bit excessive.

Hello, @Wetravel Thank you for the nudge with this one. I have forwarded this to the product team now. Best wishes Carla

Yea, I’d like to know why that is the case as didn’t realise

@auderary @Smiley At the current time the captions will only show on the mobile app and not on the desktop but as @Carla mentioned, this has been forwarded to the product team now.

1 Like