Why write captions to pictures if they can’t be read?

Hi, I just put new dates online and updated my listing with a new cover picture. To nearly all my pictures of the house I wrote a short description but when I search for a house sit and go through my listing (as if I was a sitter) it’s nowhere to be read. So what’s the point of writing captions if they can’t be read? Is it because I am not listed as a sitter? I use the desktop version on my iPad, in case it’s different than on the app.

1 Like

Yes, you’ve figured it out correctly. @Kelownagurl did a great summary of app and web differences and she mentions photo captions there.

I have photos in my profile that might seem strange to someone without seeing the captions, but I’m hesitant to remove them as I think they’re useful, when you can read the caption. It’s too bad they can’t be viewed in both versions. Let’s hope it’s something that’s on the to-do list for 2022.

Thank you, @Snowbird, I also have downloaded the app, but also there the captions aren’t visible. I think it might have something to do with me being only HO…:woman_shrugging:
Maybe a sitter could check if he/she can see them? The listing is in my forum profile.
Here’s a screenshot from the app

Yes, they display.

1 Like

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So it’s because I am only a HO👍🏻

1 Like