We Need Your HELP To Improve Sitter Verification!

Happy new year sitters!

I want to thank those of you who replied to my thread last week about on sit amenities. If you haven’t had a chance to respond to that, you can find it here

Another piece of work the product team is working on is around improving safety on the platform. Some of the initiatives being worked on are highlighting when CCTV is used on a sit and around improving verification amongst sitters.

Last year we introduced free background checks for sitters in the US who joined our standard and premium tiers. We have seen how this has improved the success of sitters who have completed a background check. This is why we are pleased to announce that we will be rolling out free background checks for Basic and “Classic” sitters in the coming weeks so that members can enjoy the benefits which come from having this on their profile.

As part of this we are looking at other ways of driving the uptake of ID and background checks amongst our sitters and this is where I need your help!

I am hoping to run a series of interviews with sitters to talk through their experiences of the verification process and walk through a few ideas we have in the product team. If you would like to help and are a sitter (ideally someone without an ID or background check) then please DM me with your email address and a link to your sitter profile. Sitters who complete a short interview will be compensated with an Amazon voucher or donation to an animal charity.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks to those of your who have responded to my request. I still need a couple more sitters willing to spare 30 mins for a short video call. Your input really does help us make TrustedHousesitters a better place for our members. Don’t miss your chance to have your say!

1 Like

Hi, Chris here.
We are fairly new to THS with one completed sit and one upcoming.
We use our site this allows Owners to get a good glimpse of us. I just added the HouseSit4U Sitting GUIDE to that site and would love your reaction.
As we look for sits, we look for location first. Pets second, “Feel” third. Beyond that, we can deal with most anything. Some amenities are also considered. A TV, Wi-Fi, washer and dryer and kitchen appliances.

1 Like

I was never offered such a thing.

Hi @Katie the free background checks were available for new sitter members who joined on the Standard or Premium Tiers …

2 Likes

Hello, I can help you with a sitter interview. Unfortunately I do not see an option to DM you, if you DM me instead, I’ll share my email address and profile link for your consideration. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @smallbear welcome to our community forum and thank you for offering to help the Product Team with their research interviews, I’m going to tag @ArjunaTHS so that he can connect with you directly …

Welcome again, now that you are here I hope you will take the opportunity to explore the forum and join in other conversations you find interesting. or even start one of your own.

Angela and the Team

2 Likes

Thanks all that have offered to help. We have concluded our research and interviews on this topic now, with some great feedback from our members.

Keep an eye out on the forum for more opportunities to participate in some user research in the future.

3 Likes

Just echoing @ArjunaTHS message by saying thank you from the forum team for everyone’s help given to the Product Team with their research, their ability to access members directly through the forum has been a real advantage, so thank you again.

At the Product Team’s request we have now closed this topic.

1 Like