Welcome Guide Quick Question for a Newbie

Hi there I am new to this and have just confirmed my first sit. I am busy starting to complete the welcome guide but I can’t see how you then share the guide with the sitter? Can I assume that no-one else can see the information apart from the confirmed sitter for those dates? If a sitter has already been to my home then future access would be denied (unless of course they come bak again)

Many thanks

Diane

Only the sitter you choose will be able to see the welcome guide, and only after you’ve shared it. And that person won’t be able to see it after the sit ends. If you invite them again in the future, you’ll have to reshare the guide.

3 Likes

Everything Maggie said is correct. I believe it’s set up this way because of the sensitive nature of some of the contents. However, I find the Welcome Guide tough to write and edit as a homeowner because of the way it’s sectioned off. I usually use a word document instead and share it freely with confirmed sitters before the sit.

I also sit, and have found many homeowners leave out a printed Welcome Guide which is easier to follow. Often they leave a shorter one or two pager instead. Occassionally, when I’ve felt I’ve developed particularly good rapport with a homeowner, I’ve asked them to print the Welcome Guide to PDF and send me a copy of the PDF as it is simply easier for me to read that way whether it’s printed or on my phone because it isn’t sectioned off.

2 Likes

Thanks! I messaged the sitter and she sent a request for the welcome guide access. I started to populate it and asked her if it was user friendly. She’s said it’s very easy to navigate so I’m going to carry on entering the information. Once it’s complete it’ll only need updating once in a while so worth the investment of time!

1 Like

Thank you!