What Are Two Valuable Things You've Learned In 2020?

2020 has been a year like no other, if you believe we never stop learning what are two valuable things you’ve learned this year?

What a good question, @Angela_L!

Hmmm, I think I’d choose these:

1. I’ve learned just how important family and friends really are. I always did know that of course, but not being able to see people does make you appreciate them all the more. Humans are social creatures (well, most of us!) and that simple interaction with friends and family is something I took for granted pre-2020. Not any more.
  2. It turns out that the little things that I used to worry and get stressed about don’t really matter that much, not compared to the big stuff like life, death, health and happiness.
    Oh and 3) Get your hair cut before lockdown! :laughing:
4 Likes

Thank you @CW1972, I think there will be a lot of people on the same track, although some might say one valuable thing they learned was to CUT hair :wink:

1 Like

:joy: That’s true in my case, I’ve cut Jonathan’s hair 5 times now, I’m a bit of a pro! . Even invested in some snazzy hairdressing scissors. And, No, he’s not allowed near my hair :scissors::joy:.

1 Like

Yes; great question @Angela

1. Our fragility and vulnerability as a species. We all know to greater or lesser extents about historical plagues and pandemics but I believe we felt we were beyond “that sort of thing” happening to an advanced civilisation like ours. And;

2. That we have become too greedy, demanding and self-centred now, lost “The Spirit of The Blitz” mentality despite how much was made of thanking our health workers and community spirit during first lockdown there were far too many toilet-roll hoarding, spitting at police, no-one’s-stopping-me-going-out types. If the crisis had deepened instead of bumping along, the civil unrest would have frightened me more than the virus ever did.

3 Likes

1 To learn how to appreciate people more.
Check on the community even just quick call.

2 Never Ever let my other half cut my hair

2 Likes

@Windtalker some have said hair cutting is a skill they didn’t realize they had …, didn’t your other half uncover that hidden talent? :blush:

2 Likes

No he did not
Had to wear a baseball cap outdoors
He just laughed and said it will grow back.
Took 4 long months.

1 Like

Really really wasn’t funny at the time :confused:

1 Like

Anyhow revenge is sweet

1 Like

Jo cuts my hair all the time and has absolutely no skill whatsoever!

1 Like

Hope she doesn’t read this then.
Dog :dog2: house for you over Christmas

2 Likes

Whoops. Basic error there. The next cut could be a bad one …

2 Likes

Mmm I’ve seen pics of you wearing a woolly hat :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah there’s hardly any hair left currently so freezing cold head outside!

1 Like

Oh I thought it was a post haircut hat​:grin:. Jonathan has one for when I’m in charge of the scissors, Im probably the same skill level as Jo :scissors::joy:

2 Likes

It covers both scenarios I think. No hat hair with no hair though.

2 Likes
  1. Just live in the moment, take a day at a time.
  2. Enjoy the small stuff, local walks etc.
4 Likes