What brought you joy today?

Sometimes It’s the simple things …

Just now and while I’m working it’s the sound of the vacuum cleaner being used and I’m not having to push it … It’s not a robot version either, just a very helpful hubby. :clap: :wink: :broom: :shopping_cart: … There’s no vacuum emoji and he’s off shopping next :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@Jo27 stunning photos and I love being so far out in nature. I could live the spring smells, fresh air and sunshine on my face through these photos :paw_prints: :herb: :sunny:

3 Likes

our friendly neighborhood bird landed on the deck chair at our house sit in Muir Beach, California! fantastic! It said “hello”!!

9 Likes

@PVGemini how lovely! :parrot::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Casey Tutoring The Children :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

I’ve cared for this little boy … (the furry one) on many occasions, this lovely pic was sent to me by fellow sitter members of our community who recently sat with Casey thank you @Maryse :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I am in beautiful Budapest and had to chuckle when this doggo walked very proudly past me…
Yep, that’s the longest stick I’ve ever seen a dog with :rofl:

4 Likes

@Angela_L @Maryse What a great photo! :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aw I miss Casey! He was such a good boy when I sat for him. Where was that bench? This is the cutest picture!

1 Like

These hens laid 9 eggs for us today and one was a double-yolker

9 Likes

@Silversitters fabulous! :clap:t2::rooster::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seeing these beautiful Parakeets whilst walking around Malaga today. :parrot:

8 Likes

They are so majestic!

1 Like

What brought me joy today? Meeting some of our amazing members in Helensburgh, Scotland

@Colin @Katie.And.Kris @Dace &, Julie from Balloch who brought her best furry friend and canine THS member to the meet up. :dog: :heart_eyes:

We do have human pics but the furry ones are much better looking :wink:

8 Likes

@Angela_L @Colin @Katie.And.Kris @Dace & Julie from Balloch looks like you all had a fabulous time and great photos! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

We are absolutely loving looking after the very adorable Milo! :turtle::heart::blush:

8 Likes

@Samox24 so happy you shared these photos as Milo is super adorable! :turtle: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Carla he’s a real cutie and loves strawberries! :turtle::strawberry::heart:

5 Likes

I think I am in love

1 Like

Not pet or travel related, but it brought me joy none the less.

In March we had to move my 89 year old mother out of her beautiful apartment of 17 years into assisted living. She’d been dreading that day for years, and the time had finally come. So we moved her, and, like the trooper she is, she adjusted to her new digs without complaint.

A week ago Wed, as Mom and I were coming back from a walk, the head of marketing for the community she lives in crossed our path and mentioned that an ocean-view apartment in the assisted living building had just become available. Would we like to look at it? I jumped at the chance, although Mom was weary of moving again so soon. I told her we would just look at it, and, if she didn’t like it, no problem.

So we went to look at it, and the moment she walked into the apartment, she was all smiles and happiness. It’s an amazing apartment with big windows just one block from the ocean with nothing between her and the water except a road and some palm trees. And it didn’t cost much more than she was paying for her smaller apartment without a view.

Yesterday we moved her in, and today we’re sitting in her new living room, sparsely furnished because it’s so much larger than her former apartment, enjoying the breeze and watching the seagulls, people and waves. She’s still beaming, she’s so happy.

I’m only visiting for 2 weeks, so the chances of this all coming together so quickly was truly serendipitous. I’m so glad I was able to help make it happen. This has been bringing me joy all week!

12 Likes

You just shared the joy @Karen_E thank you. :pray:

Wishing your Mom many years of joyful moments in her new “room with a view” and you peace of mind knowing how much happiness it’s bringing her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes